Windows 10: Forced update AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 damaged hardware - how do I get compensation?

Discus and support Forced update AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 damaged hardware - how do I get compensation? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last night Microsoft update forced AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 update onto many normal users without being properly tested. Many users with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by beejoid, May 8, 2021.

1. beejoid Win User

Forced update AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 damaged hardware - how do I get compensation?

Last night Microsoft update forced AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 update onto many normal users without being properly tested. Many users with exclusively Gigabyte motherboards are reporting BSOD and booting issues. I had these issues and I managed to fix them temporarily until the next time I tried to boot my PC which is now completely bricked. I'm talking no power and nothing I can troubleshoot will give me anything. My PSU and other components are tested and completely functional. This update has not only caused booting issues but it has damaged my hardware. I suspect either my motherbo

:)

beejoid, May 8, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2021
  3. Artopsy Win User
    intel core i7 and AMD drivers?

my intel i7 should have drivers that are intel. correct?

a crash dump states

a m d 6 4 f r e . r s 3 _ r e l e a s e . 1 7 0 9 2 8 - 1 5 3 4
    d b g c o r
    e . a m d 6 4 , 1 0 . 0 . 1 6 2 9 9 . 1 5

so I looked in device manager

pci bus states AMD and the processor states intel core i7 cpu

how do I get the pci bus to intel? or is this normal ??

driver deletion and update goes AMD

Artopsy, May 8, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Forced update AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 damaged hardware - how do I get compensation?

Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Tenforo, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Forced update AMD SCSIAdapter driver 9.3.0.221 damaged hardware - how do I get compensation? - Similar Threads - Forced update AMD

2. How do I get Windows 11 from updating my AMD drivers after turning off hardware updates in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 from updating my AMD drivers after turning off hardware updates in...: Windows saw fit to update my GPU drivers and render my PC useless. This recently started happening this month. I had to power down my pc, reboot it, ran DDU, restart it again, AMD software. This has happened to me twice now while in the middle of using the PC. Windows keeps...
  3. How do I get Windows 11 from updating my AMD drivers after turning off hardware updates in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 11 from updating my AMD drivers after turning off hardware updates in...: Windows saw fit to update my GPU drivers and render my PC useless. This recently started happening this month. I had to power down my pc, reboot it, ran DDU, restart it again, AMD software. This has happened to me twice now while in the middle of using the PC. Windows keeps...
  4. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  5. WU force update old AMD graphic driver

WU force update old AMD graphic driver: I have an IdeaPad Gaming 3-15ACH6 Laptop - Type 82K2. As of now, WU keeps pushing up an old version of the AMD graphic driver and it messes with the AMD Adrenalin app. If the update goes through then I will get an error message when opening the AMD Adrenalin app that the...
  6. AMD USB 3.1 Drivers from 9/27 and broken USB 3 connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD USB 3.1 Drivers from 9/27 and broken USB 3 connectivity: The auto-updated AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft broke usb 3 connectivity on my system, or so goes my theory.MSI B450 Gaming PlusRyzen 5 3600Radeon 5700XTAll the newest drivers for everything are installed.USB 2.0 works fine, even in the 3.0 / 3.1...
  7. AMD USB 3.1 Drivers from 9/27 and broken USB 3 connectivity

AMD USB 3.1 Drivers from 9/27 and broken USB 3 connectivity: The auto-updated AMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft broke usb 3 connectivity on my system, or so goes my theory.MSI B450 Gaming PlusRyzen 5 3600Radeon 5700XTAll the newest drivers for everything are installed.USB 2.0 works fine, even in the 3.0 / 3.1...
  8. AMD USB 3.1 Drivers from 9/27 and broken USB 3 connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. AMD SCSIAdapter 9.3.0.221 update is crashing Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    AMD SCSIAdapter 9.3.0.221 update is crashing Windows 10 PCs: If you see the “Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. – SCSIAdapter – 9.3.0.221” driver when you check for updates today, immediately hit the brake on Windows 10 updates. Microsoft has rolled out a new driver that could affect the functionality of certain AMD hardware, users are...
  10. Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours: Hello people, I'm trying to update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903. The downloading phase was quick, installation took well over 7 hours and now I'm at the restarting stage. The blue screen says working on updates 0% for 9hours. I was wondering whether these astronomical...