Windows 10: Forced update issues

Discus and support Forced update issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer updated Windows on 8/12/19. I am unable to sign into my user profile, getting the error message "You are logged on with a temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nancymacs, Aug 13, 2019.

1. nancymacs Win User

Forced update issues

My computer updated Windows on 8/12/19. I am unable to sign into my user profile, getting the error message "You are logged on with a temporary profile. Roaming options are currently unavailable" I believe because I am not signed on with my profile, I am also not able to find my calendar

appointments, my contact list address book or retain any changes I make when I close the computer and go back on. When I go to restore from backup - there is nothing there, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

nancymacs, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 13, 2019
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Forced update issues

Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Forced update issues

1. Forced update issues - Similar Threads - Forced update issues

2. forced updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    forced updates: I am a senior citizen on a metered internet , my use limited to email and some reading on subjects in health and other ageing concerns . l had 2007 office and was extremely happy with it , never used the so called office 365 that came with the laptop . Now with the forced...
  3. Will I be forced to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I be forced to update?: Hello, I'm currently running on limited data, as such I have enabled the "Metered connection" on my network that prevents most Windows Updates from downloading. I'm running Windows 10 version 1607. It wants to do a feature update of 4GB+. Today I got a notifcation from...
  4. forced updates

forced updates: Since i've installed Windows 10, 2x you've destroyed my PC. the updates sit at the splash screen and never completes boots. i'm forced to reinstall everything, a loss of tons of data. when i was on Windows 7, at least a 1/2 dozen times this has happened. i do regular backups...
  5. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????: This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does...
  6. Forced updates

Forced updates: I have Windows 10 Creator's Edition. Why don't I get this prompt? https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-forced-windows-update-auto-restart-snooze-indefinitely-windows-10/ It forces updates whenever it feels like just like always....
  7. Forced updates problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced updates problem: Ok so I have Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite and I am constantly having an issue with my computer not being available when I need it. Usually I don't complain but this recent event was especially bad. I'm on vacation using my phone wifi to pass the time on my laptop. I set...
  8. Forced update to anniversary

Forced update to anniversary: I have a dualboot laptop that I mostly use with Linux. In the second partition I installed Win10 professional rather than home for the explicit reason that I wanted to block all updates (after having it update once), reason being that I didn't want to be bothered by constant...
  9. Updates... Then forcefully restart

Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....
  10. forced updates

forced updates: I apprieciate the free upgrade but i would like to have the option of what updates i take, i don't want updates for skype or bing so why force them on me 10647