Windows 10: Forced update then black screen after

Discus and support Forced update then black screen after in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peitrau, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Peitrau Win User

Forced update then black screen after

Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i declined and continued my work. After several minutes without any notification at all, my computer just restarted on its own and updated itself. After updated, when i sign in. I end up with a black screen with my mouse only visible. I tried several ways the net has told me likeopenijg task manager which doesnt help because task manager doesnt open. I tried doing force shutdown, nothing happened. Tried win+ctrl+shift+b nothing happend. I actually tried everything and nothing happens. I tried holding shift restart to go to a blue window where several options there like remove recent updates, restore points, even tried reseting and erasing windowns but it always go to a screen that says "recovery error" with numbers 0xc0000017.

I am downloading now a installation media thru usb. The concern i have is when i erase my windows. How will i get my new windows if in the first place i got it included in the tablet i have.. I dont have any cd or product key with me.

:)

Peitrau, Mar 11, 2020

2. Black Screen During Driver Update Forced update then black screen after :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Forced update then black screen after - Similar Threads - Forced update black

2. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  3. PC screen is black after forced reboot from a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen is black after forced reboot from a blue screen: Yesterday, I was turning on my wifi on my laptop Acer aspire 5 A515-51G-525C and suddenly, a blue screen appeared the one with the sad face and it said that the error had to do with the ci.dll, which I'm not sure what it is. After that, the reboot started but the error...
  4. PC screen is black after forced reboot from a blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen is black after forced reboot from a blue screen: Yesterday, I was turning on my wifi on my laptop Acer aspire 5 A515-51G-525C and suddenly, a blue screen appeared the one with the sad face and it said that the error had to do with the ci.dll, which I'm not sure what it is. After that, the reboot started but the error...
  5. PC screen is black after forced reboot from a blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after update: Well, basically i formated my laptop and removed everything and i installed windows 10, everything was going fine, 2 days later an update started downloading and after it was finished i restarted my laptop for the update to take effect, so after i login to my account its...
  7. Black screen after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after updating: When I try to log into windows, I get a black screen. This randomly fixes, but I noticed it happens after updating windows submitted by /u/Not_derpy_i_swear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc3jg6/black_screen_after_updating/
  8. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update: Hello, Hope all is well. I have a Black Screen on my ASUS laptop after forced shutdown during windows 10 update. Please advise. Thank you. J....
  9. Black & blue screens after Windows 10 forced updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black & blue screens after Windows 10 forced updates: Press Shift & Restart gets you into safe mode but whatever you do afterwards gets endless spinning black screen. Also can't do clean reinstall as it just ends up in spinning black screen. There's still graphics as images of intel users pop up. Tried everything... Media...
  10. Black screen flickering after forced windows update

Black screen flickering after forced windows update: This is ridiculous, right when i hopped on my laptop, it was finalizing at 100% a regular update, about 15 minutes later the damn thing booted me the startup menu forcing another update, as i waited well over 10 mins i said f** it and powered off my laptop, now every time i...