Windows 10: Forced Updates are Pirating

Discus and support Forced Updates are Pirating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to have the right not to install your forced updates. I paid for your operating system and still you decide my updates. I have never installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ookkah, Jun 24, 2020.

1. ookkah Win User

Forced Updates are Pirating

I want to have the right not to install your forced updates. I paid for your operating system and still you decide my updates. I have never installed them since 10 years and I never had any problem. In fact, the only time I see a blue screen is just after your forced updates. After those updates, my computer runs slower and crashes. Also you cannot change that frequently the interface. It is just an unethical marketing strategy. I am a frequent internet user. I never had any security problem without your updates. So don't hide yourself behind the security discourse. I stop update services and I block its internet traffic but updates are still installed by abusing my Internet quota. It is pirating. You cannot force me to download your huge packages of updates which try to run my computer obsolete. I think the only security problem I encounter is your forced updates.

:)

ookkah, Jun 24, 2020
  2. karel Win User

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Jun 24, 2020
  3. To pirate or not to pirate, that is the question!

Well, that was solved! Not by Microsoft.

I had to download a pirate specific old version of Windows 10 and force a clean install. Later I used the Windows Original Key to reactivate the OS.

What I found is that on certain notebooks, like Asus ROG, something locks the installation/update from Windows 8 to 10.

I really did not want to pirate anything, but since Microsoft could not help nor answer the question I was forced to use alternative methods.

SpiduSOkami, Jun 24, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Forced Updates are Pirating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Forced Updates are Pirating - Similar Threads - Forced Updates are

2. Pirated Windowss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pirated Windowss: Hi im Nadun Today My Hard disk got dead and i goed to a repair shop and they gived me a pre installed hard disk and they told me to dont update it was a pirated vershion if i update does it well effect my pc...
  3. Pirated Windowss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pirated Windowss: Hi im Nadun Today My Hard disk got dead and i goed to a repair shop and they gived me a pre installed hard disk and they told me to dont update it was a pirated vershion if i update does it well effect my pc...
  4. Pirated Windowss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. force update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    force update: My computer automatically updated without my notice. It restarted and not it is stuck on welcome screen for an hour. I dont know what to do from here since I dont want to mess up the machine. This is just 2 years old Windows 10....
  6. Pirated Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pirated Windows: Me and my friend are arguing about the windows that were pirated, he said if the pirated windows are upgraded to the latest version the license will become legal. is it true? he also said that windows don't need a serial number and multiple pc/laptop can use the same windows...
  7. Pirated Windows

Pirated Windows: Me and my friend are arguing about the windows that were pirated, he said if the pirated windows are upgraded to the latest version the license will become legal. is it true? he also said that windows don't need a serial number and multiple pc/laptop can use the same windows...
  8. Pirated windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pirated windows: Hi, We have recently taken over IT for a company in SA and I suspect that we are dealing with pirated windows. is there a website or a way to check? have looked around but don't find anything. Thanks all...
  9. Pirates and pearls

Pirates and pearls: Having played this game for several months it now will not load. It starts to load and then freezes. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling several times but it does not help. What can I try next?...
  10. Australian ISP's forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites

in Windows 10 News
    Australian ISP's forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites: The Federal Court has ordered internet companies to block five copyright-infringing websites, including torrent website The Pirate Bay. Internet companies forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites in Australia, Federal Court rules - ABC News (Australian...