Windows 10: Forced updates, even while computer is in use?

Discus and support Forced updates, even while computer is in use? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not 100% sure this is the place to be bringing this up. But multiple times in the past few montgs, twice in the past few days, I have had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WTylerAntis, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Forced updates, even while computer is in use?

I'm not 100% sure this is the place to be bringing this up. But multiple times in the past few montgs, twice in the past few days, I have had the drivers for my GPU an NVIDIA card stop working after exiting a gane, but I hadn't shut down the computer. Yesterday and today I attempted to reinstall the drivers through NVIDIA's application and through their site. I get and error message saying that the drivers aren't compatible with this version of Windows driver is 6 days old and has been functional. My computer will then be stuck using the integrated Intel card, essentially locking me out of many applications, games, and activities until I can fix it.

So I use the built in Windows updater to force an install of a new update yesterday it was update 1909, today's is 20H2. Hopefully when this update finishes I will be able to reinstall my NVIDIA driver and be good to go, that's what happened yesterday. I am wondering why my drivers are being knocked out while my computer is in use. The windows update clearly isn't being installed while I am working/playing, because I have to interupt my activities to install the update. The driver from NVIDIA 461.09 doesn't seem to be the problem; it functions just fine with each windows update, and isn't being patched as far as I can tell.

At the moment I am left thinking that windows is somehow "forcing" parts of these updates or patches onto my computer, even while in use, though not the complete patch. It's very frustrating to stop whatever I'm doing to wait for an hour to update, and reinstall my drivers, each time Microsft decides I need a patch. Is there a solution to stop these "forced" updates without just remaining offline until I am ready to update? Obviously this isn't an option for anything but offline activities. Or am I maybe looking at the wrong culprit here, as it does only seem to be my GPU driver that is failing. Is anyone else expericing this?

I am using a Surface Book 2, with the Geforce 1050, windows 10 obviously.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

:)

WTylerAntis, Jan 13, 2021

2. Microsoft forced updates

Hello,

A driver is a program that controls a device that is connected to your computer. Having an outdated driver after installing a Windows update may cause functionality issues due to incompatibility and this may be the reason you're experiencing screen flickering.
    To resolve the said issue, we suggest that you refer
    here
    which lists all troubleshooting steps suitable for screen flickering in Windows 10.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 13, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Forced updates, even while computer is in use? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Forced updates, even while computer is in use?

6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Forced updates, even while computer is in use?

1. Forced updates, even while computer is in use? - Similar Threads - Forced updates while

2. Bluescreen while using computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen while using computer?: Hi, recently my computer crashed twice while I was just using it. The first time it crashed I was just playing a video game, the second time it crashed I was just browsing the internet and running a benchmark in the background. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly...
  3. Bluescreen while using computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen while using computer?: Hi, recently my computer crashed twice while I was just using it. The first time it crashed I was just playing a video game, the second time it crashed I was just browsing the internet and running a benchmark in the background. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly...
  4. Bluescreen while using computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Freezing Computers To Force Updates: I've noticed this on atleast 6 different forced updates from microsoft. We all know how these unneeded updates are forced on everyone who uses windows, but lately we've been given false hope. Microsoft recently has acted like you have a choice on when to update. That's simply...
  6. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  7. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  8. Why is it that windows update force restarts the computer and not even bother checking for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is it that windows update force restarts the computer and not even bother checking for...: I'm not getting any notifications about a pending update/reset while I'm using the computer, but as soon as I leave for a few hours I come back to see everything gone? Is there a way to prevent this?...
  9. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  10. BSoD while using computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD while using computer: I encountered a BSoD while playing League. I was also in a voice call in Discord but never had issues like this before. Here are the dump files with msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asd78M-c21qc71iQlA4VbNSa6ai-...