Windows 10: Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

Discus and support Forced Updates now changing browser and settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThomasEllis4, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated my computer, restarted it and gave no notification of any kind. However, it changed my default browser to Internet Explorer (I had never used it on the laptop, just Edge) AND it changed my default search engine to Bing.

Isn't hacking into a person's computer and making changes illegal ????

:)

ThomasEllis4, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

1. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings - Similar Threads - Forced Updates changing

2. Update Browser Settings on Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Browser Settings on Windows Update: Hi,Just wondering why Windows is always trying to trick to me whenever there is any update, into "Update Browser Settings" and some other random questions like that.Whenever there is a "major" Windows update, all these questions pop up on sign in to Update Browser settings or...
  3. Update Browser Settings on Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Browser Settings on Windows Update: Hi,Just wondering why Windows is always trying to trick to me whenever there is any update, into "Update Browser Settings" and some other random questions like that.Whenever there is a "major" Windows update, all these questions pop up on sign in to Update Browser settings or...
  4. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  5. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  6. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Dark mode forced on browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode forced on browser?: Hi! I'm having an issue with using Win10 dark mode with my Google Chrome. I've already verified that Chrome is not the issue.While Windows dark mode is enabled, it affects the browser. It turns white bg to black on certain websites, it makes all input fields checkboxes, log...
  8. Bing forced in the browser search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing forced in the browser search: Win10 Version 1903 Build 18362.720 Bing forced in the browser for me Chrome version 80.0.3987.163. i haven't found a way to prevent that although Google is entered as search engine, Bing does the search. I have to open the Google.com page every time I want to perform a...
  9. Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.: Yes Microsoft is no longer forcing us to download update overhauls when they come out https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ay-2019-update https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/04/wi...pdate-changes/ 130196
  10. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313