Windows 10: Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

Discus and support Forced Updates now changing browser and settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThomasEllis4, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

OK what the hell, it seems that there's NO way to stop Microsoft from jamming updates onto my Windows 10 laptop, but last night it apparently updated my computer, restarted it and gave no notification of any kind. However, it changed my default browser to Internet Explorer (I had never used it on the laptop, just Edge) AND it changed my default search engine to Bing.

Isn't hacking into a person's computer and making changes illegal ????

:)

ThomasEllis4, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Forced Updates now changing browser and settings

1. Forced Updates now changing browser and settings - Similar Threads - Forced Updates changing

2. browser settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    browser settings: my bank won't let me into my bill pay because my browser is blocking cookies. how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-settings/eb4275cc-dd56-4355-88ae-5b5e4e2d898b
  3. Changes in the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changes in the browser: I want to add a different search engine to the one that has default my Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. How should I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changes-in-the-browser/2cb9bdd5-8901-4e2c-890b-c7f5d819115e
  4. Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced": So I recently just realized that my Power Plan was on Balanced all along, and when I tried to set it to any other option it would just force itself back to Balanced, I have no idea why this is happening (as shown in the attached GIF) [img] 131257
  5. Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows April now change to May update, Forced Updates no longer.: Yes Microsoft is no longer forcing us to download update overhauls when they come out https://www.windowscentral.com/micro...ay-2019-update https://www.ghacks.net/2019/04/04/wi...pdate-changes/ 130196
  6. Audio changed after forced windows update :)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio changed after forced windows update :): My sound settings that have been perfect for years has changed after a forced windows update :)! I cannot for the life of me get it back to how it sounded! I do not have recovery enable so that's not an option. Is there a way to get back my old audio settings or what? Why...
  7. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313
  8. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313
  9. windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 forcing a restart and changing my privacy settings.: 09/29/18 windows 10 If I leave my computer idle for more then 10 minutes it will freeze and become unresponsive,mouse,keyboard and buttons do nothing. I have to manually shut it down and restart. Upon restart my privacy and background app setting are changed and my system...
  10. forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    forced updates: I apprieciate the free upgrade but i would like to have the option of what updates i take, i don't want updates for skype or bing so why force them on me 10647