Windows 10: forced updates

Discus and support forced updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a senior citizen on a metered internet , my use limited to email and some reading on subjects in health and other ageing concerns . l had 2007... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AwadElhofy, Jun 26, 2019.

1. forced updates

I am a senior citizen on a metered internet , my use limited to email and some reading on subjects in health and other ageing concerns .
    l had 2007 office and was extremely happy with it , never used the so called office 365 that came with the laptop .
    Now with the forced updates (which consume almost all my quota ) my 2007 office was deleted and only the office 365 available and required to be a member and have an account.
    As I am forced to use only notepad and pay for updates I have no use for except security updates, I am about to quit Microsoft which I have been using since Bill Gates outfoxed IBM, before quitting, I have two questions :
    1- If I deleted office 365 and installed office 2007, would the forced updates delete it again ?
    2- Is it possible to limit updates to security only?
    Thank you .

:)

AwadElhofy, Jun 26, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond forced updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 26, 2019
  3. 6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Jun 26, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

forced updates

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

forced updates

1. forced updates - Similar Threads - forced updates

2. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?: My windows update for “2024-01 security update” keeps giving me an error when trying to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-keeps-giving-me-a-system-error/e52fb430-3613-4fd5-942a-6ad4430d0bb3
  3. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?: My windows update for “2024-01 security update” keeps giving me an error when trying to update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-computer-keeps-giving-me-a-system-error/e52fb430-3613-4fd5-942a-6ad4430d0bb3
  4. Hi my computer keeps giving me a system error 0x80070643, can an update be forced?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I force update 23h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...
  6. How can I force update 23h2

How can I force update 23h2: My new surface pro 9, after installing a bunch of updates, is still on windows 22h2. When I check for updates again, 23h2 popped up but briefly flashed an error and now it is gone. I have "get latest update as soon as possible" checked. How can I force it update to 23h2?...
  7. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??: So all i can find on here is carbon-copy bs and answers to questions that weren't asked, it's extremely irritating and unhelpful.My windows update is STUCK. WILL NOT UPDATE ANYTHING IN ANY WAY.so when the top result of how to fix windows updates is "run windows updates" -...
  8. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??: So all i can find on here is carbon-copy bs and answers to questions that weren't asked, it's extremely irritating and unhelpful.My windows update is STUCK. WILL NOT UPDATE ANYTHING IN ANY WAY.so when the top result of how to fix windows updates is "run windows updates" -...
  9. How do i FORCE my computer to reinstall the windows update APP itself??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Blue Screen After Forced Bios Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen After Forced Bios Update: Amazing I see so many people running into this blue screen issue recently after forced update. Did anyone get this problem resolved? Have so much important work i really need off my pc....