Windows 10: Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

Discus and support Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had modified the registry a long time ago to prevent forced installation of Windows 10 updates, as they had brought me nothing but issues and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElectronicFog, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

I had modified the registry a long time ago to prevent forced installation of Windows 10 updates, as they had brought me nothing but issues and the opposite of "updates" in apps like the calculator. It nevertheless has been restarting my computer and installing updates without my consent these past days, and it's been one issue after the next ever since. One I had experienced before. The rest were new:

1. My mousepad was again rendered unusable after the updates. If it moved it would skip all over the place and not obey click commands. I've had to reinstall the drivers twice now.

2. During a game, the "left" key would sometimes get stuck so the screen would continuously scroll to the left. I have not tested this again.

2. I dragged a font to the "drag and place to install" box in the Font settings. It immediately replaced the previous system font with this one. I then chose the old font back but it displays the text overlapped in some places desktop icons and cut off in others date/time display in toolbar.

3. The font in my itunes is now bold. Very bold.

4. It has changed the date display in my system files from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY.

5. It prevented me from typing in Japanese Katakana when using the shift key in Google Translator. I then saw it was bypassing my installed Google Japanese Input in my language selection alt+shift and instead was choosing the Windows Japanese Microsoft IME, which obviously does not support typing in Katakana with the shift key. This has resolved for now and it chooses the Google Japanese Input over the Microsoft IME when choosing the language with alt+shift.

6. It modified the cropping in the Photos viewer app so now it is more difficult to click on the edges of the picture to drag to crop it, and after resizing the picture the right side sometimes gets blocked under the menu to the right, so you cannot visualize the cropping to the right and can cut off more than you wanted in the picture. The "edit and create" button has been pushed to the right by the "search the web with this image" button. Because of course, that's the option most people want to have more readily available easy to click on the screen when looking at a picture; "search the web with this image"...

I would appreciate any help specifically for the font issue in the system and itunes. But what I would most appreciate would be if Microsoft could stop installing, by force, things that only take away features from applications, difficult their use, and disturb system settings and functionality.

Stop messing with my computer.

:)

ElectronicFog, Feb 16, 2020

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update fonts issue

Still broken for the Creators Fall Update, it seems...

Symptoms we see in Word for custom installed fonts are:

• Fonts not displaying correctly in the Fonts list.
    • Using a font causes the "Insufficient disk space or memory..." error.

Custom fonts do not appear in the system Fonts folder, and some standard fonts are greyed out. Attempts to reinstall custom fonts indicate they are already installed.

Wordpad: custom fonts are invisible in the fonts list. They can be selected by typing their name, but the font type does not display correctly.

Suggested workarounds have been tried with no success. We're really hoping Microsoft will prioritize this issue, as the media company I work at uses custom fonts heavily.

As mentioned in this thread already, fonts work fine with pre-1703 Windows 10 versions.

contractor22, Feb 16, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

1. Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,... - Similar Threads - Forced updates causing

2. Font change again after Window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font change again after Window update: Dear all, I don't know do you have same experience like me. Everytime when windows update my outlook, excel or word fonts will change. Please find below example. First 2 lines are original fonts that I use. Last 2 lines are automatically change even I follow typing....
  3. System font Verdana causes small local font size from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    System font Verdana causes small local font size from Windows 10: I found system font of Verdana causes small local font size specially on Korean default fontMalgun Gothic. It didn't happen in Windows 7 before, and there is no big font size change on Chinse font but on Korean. Please let me know if anyone has an answer to slove this....
  4. windows 10 font issue

windows 10 font issue: Hey there is a problem with my windows font. Example: [ATTACH] This is not just in my browser its all over my OS. is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-font-issue/6b35087e-6b31-4d26-a450-0d68529472a3
  5. Mouse font

Mouse font: Can I change the font on a mouse when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-font/5915f36e-270c-46bd-81b4-60680cd4744a
  6. Windows 10 Font Issue

Windows 10 Font Issue: Hello all, I'm seeing this blurry font a lot now in all browsers, does anyone know the reason and how can I fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-font-issue/81f94adf-1504-4123-8471-2efaec099044
  7. Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities: Hello all, Hoping I can get some guidance on how to fix this issue. I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10 thats only a year old. Have had this issue start up in the last day which has triggered a change every 5 mins or so, it seems to change to a to a different keyboard &...
  8. Forcing applications to use System Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing applications to use System Fonts: Some of my (older) applications are not displaying fonts correctly all of a sudden. Possibly one of the windows updates. I am being told that this can be remedied in the code if in Visual Studio an option is checked to 'use system fonts' . However, as I don't have access to...
  9. Windows 10 Font Issues

Windows 10 Font Issues: I have two Dell Precision T7610 in my office and have recently upgraded them to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and installed Office 365, upgrading from Office 2010. I am now experiencing problems displaying standard fonts such as century Gothic & Arial Narrow in several...
  10. Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Font Issue - Mouse Overs: I just set up a new Surface Book for a user, running Windows 10 Pro x64. Everything seems fine on the native display. I have him using the Surface Dock and two Dell 24" monitors. Everything looks great on these monitors except the mouse-over popups, such as mousing over a...