Windows 10: Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

Discus and support Forced Windows 10 Upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wrote the following in the previous post: Windows forced Upgrades I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by theaudioanalyst, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

I wrote the following in the previous post:

Windows forced Upgrades

I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM
    1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times!
    2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge will not launch B. All sound from my PC is gone even though I have a sound blaster system on the motherboard and C. Various other business software fails.
    I have worked with tier three Microsoft Support two different times and they can not help in any shape, form or fashion. And we are talking several work days of time whether you want to believe it or not,

But the real problem is when I went back the 2nd time from 1909, Microsoft;s OS randomly reboots. I may take a break from work and forget to save everything and come back and the machine has rebooted. Everything is lost and MS recommends upgrading to 1909 and when I do, there is really nothing left of the computer.

Update. Somebody gave me the recipe to fix Windows. Kindest thanks, sir. I have 38 years experience designing and developing computer systems. I really understand all that and actually have taught junior programmers that. I suspect that you didn't have the time to actually read what I wrote, let alone understand it. Microsoft tier three support formatted the HD and installed 1909 and it did exactly what I told them it would do as I had already done that. So the last time or time 2 I just quit and they just quit and I formatted the HD and I installed the version prior to 1909 and spent the next week getting the licensing fixed. So a cursory approach is really not appreciated. I am looking for someone who actually has the experience. Without that I am just going to stay where I am. Kindest thanks.

:)

theaudioanalyst, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

1. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades - Similar Threads - Forced Upgrades

2. A Forced windows 11 upgrade ruined most of my SSD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Forced windows 11 upgrade ruined most of my SSD card?: So I just built a new computer with all new components and it works great, no problems what's so ever so then I install windows 10 because I'm more familiar with it than I am with Windows 11. The first thing I do is all the windows 10 updates so its caught up to the latest...
  3. A Forced windows 11 upgrade ruined most of my SSD card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Forced windows 11 upgrade ruined most of my SSD card?: So I just built a new computer with all new components and it works great, no problems what's so ever so then I install windows 10 because I'm more familiar with it than I am with Windows 11. The first thing I do is all the windows 10 updates so its caught up to the latest...
  4. Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?: Hi there, long story short: My PC Force-Upgraded to Windows 11. I had Windows 10 Home pre-built, I bought a Windows 10 Pro Key, which was working fine, but then one day my PC loaded up and force-upgraded to Windows 11 without my consent, and because of the pre-built Windows...
  5. Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?

Is a Windows 10 Pro Key not Eligible on a Force-Upgraded Windows 11?: Hi there, long story short: My PC Force-Upgraded to Windows 11. I had Windows 10 Home pre-built, I bought a Windows 10 Pro Key, which was working fine, but then one day my PC loaded up and force-upgraded to Windows 11 without my consent, and because of the pre-built Windows...
  6. FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version

FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version: MICROSOFT -- please reconsider FORCING your users to accept Windows 11. I WANT security patches, etc., and that option seems to have disappeared unless we accept your win 11 or should I say "lose11"? version....
  7. FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIRST time I've been FORCED to upgrade an OS version: MICROSOFT -- please reconsider FORCING your users to accept Windows 11. I WANT security patches, etc., and that option seems to have disappeared unless we accept your win 11 or should I say "lose11" version....
  8. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  9. Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.

Legacy Word 2002 spellcheck only offers undo edit after forced upgrade to Windows 11.: Unlike other threads about a similar problem, in this case clicking Undo Edit does not reveal the other options. Spellcheck simply doesn't work anymore. A related issue is that no matter how many times I remove do not check spelling errors in this document in options, when I...
  10. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....