Windows 10: Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in!

Discus and support Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a similar problem as previously posted here: Windows language not completely changed Where I had received a laptop through work in German,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thisisausername, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in!

I had a similar problem as previously posted here:

Windows language not completely changed

Where I had received a laptop through work in German, however, I needed the OS to be in English. Although I changed all the language settings I could find, I still had various areas where German was still present. Though searching I found the post linked above, which suggests re-running OOBE again, selecting the desired language, follow the instructions to create a dummy account, then log-out of the dummy account and back into your actual account. Voil, everything should be in English.

In reality, I have two problems now. 1) the language never actually changed. I had the exact same issue on restarting with German still being present in various locations, and 2) I can no longer log into my previous account.

As I mentioned, this is a work laptop and my user is part of a domain. In my haste to solve this issue I've obviously removed some of the work my IT department has done, and I can no longer log in. I have tried logging in with DOMAIN\USERNAME, but it fails (and worse yet, my laptop has software which times out the user when you enter wrong credentials, getting progressively larger as you keep guessing wrong. I'm up to 4 minutes a pop now). I have tried re-re-running the OOBE multiple times with various configurations when setting up the dummy user, but nothing has helped.

The positive news is that my user folder still exists (under the Benutzer folder, as it refuses to change out of German), with all my files and work (this is also backed up, so no worries if everything goes wrong, although I'd like to avoid that!) I am also fairly positive that all my applications and software are still installed. I just can't log back into this account.

Any help would be most appreciated. I only got the laptop 2 days ago and I'd really like to avoid going back to IT...

@Kari, you seem to have been super helpful in this area in a couple of posts before, hopefully I can summon your help here!

I'm on Windows 10, version 1903, Build 18362.836. HP Elitebook laptop.

EDIT: I should add, I am currently at home on my own network, however, I will be back in the office tomorrow. In case I need to be on the work network for any solutions.

:)

thisisausername, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in!

Can I run Battlefield 2 on my parents computer?

If I am going to buy something, I want my game to run medium to well as far as game speed and res. I am open to any suggestions and advice on how to match up my new GPU with my old dell dimesions 8400 setup previously listed as the setup at my rents house. I want enough power to run BF2 online well to avoid lag problems. Also does anyone suggest new memory for my BF2 applications?

floridajerseyguy, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in!

1. Forced Windows to run the setup again. Can no longer log in! - Similar Threads - Forced run setup

2. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows: Windows 10I just updated my BIOS because my USB ports were acting funky and chipset/mobo drivers didn't fix anything. The reboot after the BIOS update windows screams"Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your...
  3. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows: Windows 10I just updated my BIOS because my USB ports were acting funky and chipset/mobo drivers didn't fix anything. The reboot after the BIOS update windows screams"Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your...
  4. BIOS Update and can no longer log in to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Force boot to setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force boot to setup: I want to reinstall windows, but when I boot from the USB, it runs the already installed system instead of coming up with the setup/installationHow to force the setup ?I even disabled the internal hard disk from the bios...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  7. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  8. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

9. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

Forcing setup of OneDrive?: I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED. Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that. My...
  10. Can no longer "Run as Administator"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer "Run as Administator": Hi, I just updated Win10 on my machine. It took well over an hour to run, and has added quite a nice selection of features. The minor (not!) problem though, as now I can't "Run as Administrator"! I see the option when right clicking the program, but if I click on it...