Windows 10: FORCED WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTED VIDEO RECORDING - HOW TO FIX?

Discus and support FORCED WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTED VIDEO RECORDING - HOW TO FIX? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows FORCED AN UPDATE and RESTARTED while I was recording a video. Now the video is corrupted. It was an hour long video, it won't open now. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Grillitax, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Grillitax Win User

FORCED WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTED VIDEO RECORDING - HOW TO FIX?

Windows FORCED AN UPDATE and RESTARTED while I was recording a video. Now the video is corrupted. It was an hour long video, it won't open now. Is there a way to fix it???? And how to I stop any Windows update to force restart in the middle of my work?

I want a refund

:)

Grillitax, Jul 25, 2020

2. How to record a window build

Help
    I have been tasked to build a window's image for our work, but I was trying to find something to keep a record on how to keep all the steps on the build. any one got a suggestion in what to use.

many thanks

*Biggrin

MacScottie62, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 25, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

weybrew, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. FORCED WINDOWS UPDATE CORRUPTED VIDEO RECORDING - HOW TO FIX? - Similar Threads - FORCED UPDATE CORRUPTED

2. Microsoft Snipping Tool - Video Records are Auto-Corrupting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Snipping Tool - Video Records are Auto-Corrupting: I'm trying to video screen record using the MS Snipping tool.The video is recording and the screen is correct.When the video is saved, it is reflected in sort of a corrupted view, see attached.I've tried:1. Unextending monitors - Using the laptop alone.2. Restarting and...
  3. Microsoft Snipping Tool - Video Records are Auto-Corrupting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Snipping Tool - Video Records are Auto-Corrupting: I'm trying to video screen record using the MS Snipping tool.The video is recording and the screen is correct.When the video is saved, it is reflected in sort of a corrupted view, see attached.I've tried:1. Unextending monitors - Using the laptop alone.2. Restarting and...
  4. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?: Hello Everyone, Call me By Moh I am using a PC passed to me from a family friend, its not really old "6 years according to PC health check". It's an HP notebook running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 that i have downloaded and installed once i got this PC. The problem is that i...
  5. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?: Hello Everyone, Call me By Moh I am using a PC passed to me from a family friend, its not really old "6 years according to PC health check". It's an HP notebook running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 that i have downloaded and installed once i got this PC. The problem is that i...
  6. How to Fix Attribute record from file record segment is corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Record video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Record video: I have a lecture that I can't download but only be able to play in browsers. I need an app that would record my chrome page only. At the same time, I want to be able to use other apps which shouldn't affect the chrome recording process. Does anyone know any app or have any...
  8. Corrupted video file fixing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted video file fixing: Hi! This is my first post here! Anyways, yesterday i finished editing a video on windows video editor, exported it and the next morning, I tried to play it on MPC-HC, but, it said that it can't render the file. I've searched tutorials on youtube but all of them are with VLC...
  9. How to force Game Bar to record Photoshop window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force Game Bar to record Photoshop window?: I don't understand why Microsoft thinks we would only want to screen record a game. I am trying to create a Photoshop tutorial for someone and instead of recording everything I did, the Game Bar only recording my mouse waving around Microsoft Edge like I didn't know how to...
  10. Video recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording: I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording/65ea25c0-a3a3-40c7-be8a-9b9900de23ee