Windows 10: Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications

Discus and support Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Laptop first generation that I use to connect to other machines in my home and work. I use Any Desk and Team Viewer. Team... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Skiddlydoo151, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications

Hello,

I have a Surface Laptop first generation that I use to connect to other machines in my home and work. I use Any Desk and Team Viewer.

Team Viewer - shows a gray screen and nothing else for the connection, the other computers are using various versions of Windows 10 and Windows 7, none of them work.

AnyDesk desktop application- Crashes immediately upon connection request, as in I click on the saved connection to launch the connection to the remote pc and it crashes the application, doesn't matter which computer I try to connect to, crash every time.

Previously when this happened with 1908 I rolled back and it solved my problem. But that really isn't an option this time.

Does anyone have any insight in this issue? All of my drivers are up to date. I have a Dell XPS 2-1 with the same build and everything works fine, same with my custom desktop - same build there. It is just my surface laptop with this issue.

Please help.

:)

Skiddlydoo151, Mar 24, 2020

2. Remote Desktop Client App Doesnt play sound on device

Hi Kevin,

Based on the information you provided, we can try performing basic troubleshooting steps on the application.

We suggest that you follow these methods on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Clear app cache and force stop the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Clear Cache.
    • Tap on Force Stop then restart your device.

If issue persist, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the application.

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Applications then select Application manager.
    • Select Microsoft Remote Desktop app then tap on Uninstall.
    • Reinstall the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on the third-party store app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications

1. Forced Windows update to 1909 - no longer able to use remote desktop applications - Similar Threads - Forced update 1909

2. Not able to access using remote desktop "user is required to permit SSO"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to access using remote desktop "user is required to permit SSO": Good morning,I have a laptop windows 11 Home and work laptop windows 11 PRO, I have always been able to access from Home to PRO using RDP. In my RDP client I use the option "Use a web account to sign in to remote computer", it has been always working till today where I get...
  3. No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.: I can't find Remote Desktop Connection on my PC, instead there is a RemoteApp and Desktop Connections application. But this application is different from Remote Desktop Connection in such a way that it only provides conections through Email address or connection URL. I would...
  4. No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.: I can't find Remote Desktop Connection on my PC, instead there is a RemoteApp and Desktop Connections application. But this application is different from Remote Desktop Connection in such a way that it only provides conections through Email address or connection URL. I would...
  5. Remote desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop no longer working: I haven't changed anything, either on my PC or my phone, but the MS RD client is no longer working. I get error 0x104. How do I fix this? None of the NS documentation works....
  6. Not able use integrated webcam on Remote desktop Azure VM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able use integrated webcam on Remote desktop Azure VM: Hello, I am trying to use integrated webcam on remote desktop Azure VM. I did the below setting but no luck Check mark on video capture device. - Check mark on Integrated webcam. any help will be appriciated....
  7. Windows 10 Version 1909 - Remote Desktop Application Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Version 1909 - Remote Desktop Application Black Screen: Recently, I updated my Windows 10 version to 1909. When using my remote desktop, I get a black screen. I'm not sure what the issue is or if there is a fix for this. I researched a ton of threads and tried a variety of potential fixes and nothing has worked for me. Anyone...
  8. I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn: I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-updated-windows-10-and-i-can-no-longer-use/f35e7e6b-f839-4741-b842-76022e1138ef
  9. Using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...
  10. Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Barcode scanner issue with Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Application: Dear Microsoft Forum Members, We have a customer that is using Terminal Server 2012 in combination Windows 10 Pro (1803) desktops and Honeywell Voyager 1602g barcode scanners, when they scan a barcode, they get an error message in the software program they use for...