Windows 10: Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10

Discus and support Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Directory of G:\WD SmartWare.swstor\xxxxx\Volume.11e34c34.a3eb.11db.be55.806d6172696f\MySQL Datafiles 2020-05-16 02:41 AM <DIR>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by desibabu, May 16, 2020.

1. desibabu Win User

Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10

Directory of G:\WD SmartWare.swstor\xxxxx\Volume.11e34c34.a3eb.11db.be55.806d6172696f\MySQL Datafiles

2020-05-16 02:41 AM <DIR> BUILTIN\Administrators .
    2020-05-16 02:41 AM <DIR> BUILTIN\Administrators ..
    2010-10-14 12:47 AM 18,874,368 ... ibdata@6a823bda89ba4040a2f3ac71b55268b2.
    2010-09-08 02:40 AM 18,874,368 ... ibdata@b6c2e08516e9485b8568f2ce692ec2ad.
    2 Files 37,748,736 bytes
    2 Dirs 60,359,024,640 bytes free

I can't seem to delete these two files.

On the properties of the files, under "securities" tab - I get the following:

"the requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed"

so I can't do anything with them.

Any suggestions?

:)

desibabu, May 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 16, 2020
  4. Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10

1. Forcing a delete of files on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Forcing delete files

2. deleted files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleted files on windows 10: I deleted all files to make disc space, but little space gained so I still can't reset my laptop. The files I moved to my usb key now go to 'shortcuts' which my laptop tells me I can't access! Stumped! Have I got to buy new laptop?...
  3. Force deletion of folders

Force deletion of folders: Last week sometime, Windows 10 did an automatic update 64-bit Home Edition. I'm not sure how to find out the new version number but the update must've been a big one because I've been left with a folder on my C:\ drive calledwindows.old which I'm guessing is the previous...
  4. Access denied when force deleting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied when force deleting a file: The previous owner of my windows 10 laptop fell for a scam? involving a free burning studio from disc-maker.net. The program causes a pop-up to be on my screen all the time, and the pop up won't go away. I traced the file down and attempted to delete it, but since it's...
  5. How to force delete an IME?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force delete an IME?: Hello Microsoft, I am annoyed by an undeletable IME, the middle one is a third-party IME I am trying to get rid of. [ATTACH] It has been uninstalled and no longer listed on "Apps & features" [ATTACH] In the settings of Language, it also greys out made me unable to select...
  6. Windows 10 - August 2019 Forced Update - All files, most programs missing/deleted

Windows 10 - August 2019 Forced Update - All files, most programs missing/deleted: So last night Microsoft did a forced update. I delayed it 3 times until ready to retire for the evening, and then rebooted with updates to start the process while I went to bed. This morning I woke up, tried to log in, and got an error message several times in succession...
  7. Forcing a delete on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forcing a delete on Windows 10: Hi, I have set up a new Windows 10 after a huge system crash. I used linux to recover my data. Since I did not want to copy Windows System files and similar I deleted them from Linux. They got moved to a .Trash folder. After a new install of Windows 10 I wanted to delete...
  8. Windows 10 forced update deletes all of drive C:

Windows 10 forced update deletes all of drive C:: I was using my homebuild Asus P8P67Pro Sandybridge i5 3700, system disk Samsung 850, yesterday (9 Jan), and as I shut down about midday Win 10 forced an update on me. It'd done it before and nothing went wrong then, but it had not yet done the dreaded Autumn update. When I...
  9. Delete File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete File in Windows 10: How to: Delete File in Windows 10 How to Delete a File in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you different ways on how to delete a file in Windows 10. *note Deleting a file from a removable drive will be permanently deleted by default. *note Deleting a file from...
  10. Deleting files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files in windows 10: How can I delete files in windows 10? 18468