Windows 10: forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager

Discus and support forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello everyone! maybe somebody know way to force the windows run automatically a specific program or app even if i run task manager and in startup tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by poop1711, Mar 10, 2021.

1. poop1711 Win User

forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager

hello everyone!

maybe somebody know way to force the windows run automatically a specific program or app even if i run task manager and in startup tab i disable it?

i mean to add for example in registry here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

the word to run when windows startup, and even if i or the user select disable in the tab "startup" in task manager - even that - the windows will continue to run it?

i don't want to disable the task manager.

2. or, are its possible to block the startup tab in task manager?

many thanks.

:)

poop1711, Mar 10, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Mar 10, 2021
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Mar 10, 2021
  4. forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager

Unable to enable a startup app

I can't enable windows store app to start with windows.

The step I folowed are

• Open task manager
    • go to startup tab
    • select the app
    • enable
    and when I reopen it's set at disable

The step recorder file

https://we.tl/t-wGtoYHVHfE

Nilon123456789, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager

1. forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager - Similar Threads - forcing apps startup

2. Some apps are not starting at startup even when enabled in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps are not starting at startup even when enabled in Task Manager: So, i have 2 apps1. QuickLook2. ShareXboth used to run at startup or logon but now they donti have even enbaled them in the Task manager > Startup apps :-But after a Restart, it gets "Disabled" by itself which i dont know what's happening hereplease help here...
  3. Some apps are not starting at startup even when enabled in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps are not starting at startup even when enabled in Task Manager: So, i have 2 apps1. QuickLook2. ShareXboth used to run at startup or logon but now they donti have even enbaled them in the Task manager > Startup apps :-But after a Restart, it gets "Disabled" by itself which i dont know what's happening hereplease help here...
  4. Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager: I have a problem with Startup apps in Task Manager.Now, when I open the Startup Apps, I just get the message "There are no startup items to display."I have tried everything. But maybe this is a bug in the Windows version. Help me. Thanks...
  5. Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Startup Apps in Task manager: I have a problem with Startup apps in Task Manager.Now, when I open the Startup Apps, I just get the message "There are no startup items to display."I have tried everything. But maybe this is a bug in the Windows version. Help me. Thanks...
  6. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  7. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  8. Some startup app in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some startup app in task manager: How we can remove WinHoster **** Winflow these files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/some-startup-app-in-task-manager/c29c2e26-f832-4188-85ca-c930df00f218
  9. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup: How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable I have several win10 dedicated systems that do not have microphones and there is no need for Cortana All of the fancy updates and features are never used...
  10. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...