Windows 10: Forcing Log Off with task manager

Discus and support Forcing Log Off with task manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john510, May 14, 2021.

1. john510 Win User

Forcing Log Off with task manager

I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left open but not LOCKED.. Any help?

:)

john510, May 14, 2021
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, May 14, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, May 14, 2021
  4. kocoman Win User

Monitor/log AGP/PCI/PCI-E current bandwidth usage? like Task Manager?

Monitor/log AGP/PCI/PCI-E current bandwidth usage? like Task Manager?

Is it possible to add this?

kocoman, May 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Forcing Log Off with task manager - Similar Threads - Forcing Log Off

2. Force Log off option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Force Log off option: HI,The issue im facing is when the Domain password is Expired or locked user removes the the network cable and Login and plug back the network cable. so that user is able to login.Is there any way we can forcefully Logoff the user pc when the password is expired or locked?...
  3. Force Log off option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force Log off option: HI,The issue im facing is when the Domain password is Expired or locked user removes the the network cable and Login and plug back the network cable. so that user is able to login.Is there any way we can forcefully Logoff the user pc when the password is expired or locked?...
  4. Force Log off option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forcing Log Off with task manager

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forcing Log Off with task manager: I have several windows 10 machines where people just "Lock" their systems but leave many programs up and running. I am trying to create a task in the task scheduler to "Log Off" the user even of their machine is locked but can not get it to work. It will only work if its left...
  6. Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager and Performance Logs and Alerts: I'm on 10 Home x64 (20H2). I noticed in the task manager that performance logs and alerts are running. Is that normal or do I have something to worry about? It is set to manual but when my computer starts it triggers it. I will show a picture of it. I do get a kernel-event...
  7. Graph on Task Manager is a little bit off...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graph on Task Manager is a little bit off...: [ATTACH] So I just turned on Mobile Hotspot for my laptop and decided to open Task Manager and this happened. This did disappear after i closed and reopen it, but this was a pretty neat bug, though....
  8. Deleting data off task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting data off task manager: I started deleting items off my task manager without knowing what I was deleting. I did it because I thought It would speed my computer up, but now every time I try to open up files or try to download something, only like 2 letters show up so I can't read anything....
  9. Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to Force Quit "Task Manager" Everytime: I've somewhat recently ran into this problem on my Windows 10 machine. Every time I boot up Task Manager and want to close it (using the X button), Task Manager crashes and I have to force quit it. It's not a major concern, but it does annoy me and lose me a few seconds each...
  10. Task force

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task force: Ik krij dit bericht : Background Task host werk niet meer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-force/371b2346-c527-405c-9b06-228731d217a8