Windows 10: Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

Discus and support Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My company is using limited version of Azure AD and tasked me to force users to change their password regularly. When first installing system... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WoolTick6630518, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

Hello,

My company is using limited version of Azure AD and tasked me to force users to change their password regularly. When first installing system during initial setup of AD on Win 10 there was prompt to change password, but now when i reset users password all i get is short unsafe one time password. From what i found user should be prompted to change. Obviously no such thing happens, what i noticed is that they are forced to change password once loged with their credentials on microsoft https://login.microsoftonline.com/ . I find this very inconvenient and i'm wondering if there is a way to force it during login as on local account.

:)

WoolTick6630518, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Azure AD Banned Password list without On-Prem agent.

We do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Azure AD, let me point you in the right direction, where you may find appropriate support for the issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Q&A, where we have support professionals to address your query.

Article for reference:

I hope your query gets resolved at the earliest.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2020
  3. WojtekSzk Win User
    Azure AD Banned Password List without On-Prem Agent

Hi All,

I am considering enabling banned password list for our Azure AD in our hybrid environment and want to ask, how doing that will affect our environment if we do not install the on-prem DC agent, as our on-prem does not meet minimum requirements.

Which password resets and changes will be validated through banned password list and which will not?

Will 'noncompliant' passwords synced from on-prem to Azure AD be causing issues?

TIA,

W

WojtekSzk, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

Unable to change password on a Windows 10 PC connected to Azure AD

I have a Windows 10 PC that is joined to an Azure AD domain (for Office 365 account). I am able to change my user password in Office 365 which then updates for everything else (Azure Portal, OneDrive, etc.) but that password is not recognized on the Windows
    10 PC, only the original password works. Effectively this means I can never change the password on my Windows 10 PC. I spoke with Office 365 support who claimed it is a Windows support problem, or possibly an Azure support problem. Any assistance would be
    greatly appreciated.

Bradley100, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

1. Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD - Similar Threads - Forcing password change

2. I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...: Currently, we have three ways to login into the system. Password throughPIN throughFingerprint through Now, we have a policy in place for 60 days, the password should expire. Ideally, the user should get a prompt up on the screen at the time of password expiration, to change...
  3. I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...: Currently, we have three ways to login into the system. Password throughPIN throughFingerprint through Now, we have a policy in place for 60 days, the password should expire. Ideally, the user should get a prompt up on the screen at the time of password expiration, to change...
  4. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  5. Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure AD: Hello there, If I have to install a software in 100 Laptop, how can I do it without have on promise Active Directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/azure-ad/7657e31f-c97e-4524-9196-faebcf264e84
  6. Azure AD Connector

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Azure AD Connector: If I have one Azure Ad connector at one data center. If there was a disaster or during DR testing, I power down the the Azure AD connector and bring it up a copy/replicated/backup on the other data center. Same VLan no change to the machine. Then run it for a day then delete...
  7. Forced to change password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to change password!: Why is Microsoft making me change my password? I Googled this and read many annoyed and angry peoples' responses. Also, I tried to followed instructions from various Microsoft techs who tried to guide people in turning off this option. Yet, none of their instructions worked....
  8. Forced Password Change

Forced Password Change: I found through security monitoring software that my password was compromised on the dark web. I went into my Microsoft account and changed my password. This took quite an effort. Verification texts, etc. The next day, when I first logged in, the login prompted me to change...
  9. My **** password force changed

My **** password force changed: I cant access my computer anymore after force changed password. People may reply «reset by holding shift and restart pc and select reset computer» That doesnt work for me after i have done research. Help me i dont wanna lose my files and my windows liscense. Remove this...
  10. 10 Pro forcing logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    10 Pro forcing logon: Hey all, I am having an issue with the Windows 10 machines that I have installed thus far. I do not use a screen saver, but use the power settings to turn off the display after a certain period of time. When the display goes off, it forces me to authenticate to get back on...