Windows 10: Forcing setup of OneDrive?

Discus and support Forcing setup of OneDrive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon. This led to web searches. This led to the proposition that within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon.

This led to web searches.

This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED.

Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that.

My conclusion is that Microsoft is trying to FORCE US TO INSTALL OneDrive!!

Really?

Similarly:

I will not use Edge for the same reason - because there has been so much arm-twisting to use it.

First, it comes up as default in a new Windows (or even an upgraded Windows!!) install.

And, Internet Explorer has to be added to the desktop by going to the file location - an unusual inconvenience but undoubtedly purposeful.

It's almost easier to install Google Chrome and Firefox than it is to use Internet Explorer.

And, Edge is the .pdf default which breaks some app's.

So, we have to make sure that Adobe Reader DC is installed and made the default - EACH TIME there's an update.

So, I get rid of Edge because of nearly being forced.

Bad kharma.

Similarly:

Intentional Windows Firewall Settings are being changed with Windows updates.

Subnet scope additions for File and Printer Sharing rules are being removed.

So then they have to be reinstated.

Password Protected Sharing is being reset.

More work for us.

:)

FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Forcing setup of OneDrive?

I was trying to clear the yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon.

This led to web searches.

This led to the proposition that within Ransomware settings that OneDrive setup could be DISMISSED.

Well, it can't be dismissed. There is no option for that.

My conclusion is that Microsoft is trying to FORCE US TO INSTALL OneDrive!!

Really?

Similarly:

I will not use Edge for the same reason - because there has been so much arm-twisting to use it.

First, it comes up as default in a new Windows (or even an upgraded Windows!!) install.

And, Internet Explorer has to be added to the desktop by going to the file location - an unusual inconvenience but undoubtedly purposeful.

It's almost easier to install Google Chrome and Firefox than it is to use Internet Explorer.

And, Edge is the .pdf default which breaks some app's.

So, we have to make sure that Adobe Reader DC is installed and made the default - EACH TIME there's an update.

So, I get rid of Edge because of nearly being forced.

Bad kharma.

Similarly:

Intentional Windows Firewall Settings are being changed with Windows updates.

Subnet scope additions for File and Printer Sharing rules are being removed.

So then they have to be reinstated.

Password Protected Sharing is being reset.

More work for us.

FredMarshall, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Forcing setup of OneDrive?

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Forcing setup of OneDrive?

1. Forcing setup of OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Forcing setup OneDrive

2. Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive...: Microsoft OneDrive Understanding and setup of an, non-automatic instillation of OneDrive forWindows 11 build 22621 22H2Let us begin.We all know that Microsoft's OneDrive is automatically installed when you install the Windows OS, it is also setup to run automatically when you...
  3. Force boot to setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force boot to setup: I want to reinstall windows, but when I boot from the USB, it runs the already installed system instead of coming up with the setup/installationHow to force the setup ?I even disabled the internal hard disk from the bios...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  5. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  6. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

7. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...
  8. Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...

Microsoft OneDrive Setup causing reboots...: Honestly, I'm just posting here to see if anyone has run into something similar themselves. I apologize that there will be a little bit of rambling, but the full story I feel is necessary or as much of it as I'm aware of. We have 5 systems here all doing the same thing....
  9. OneDrive setup for backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive setup for backups: On Win10, I just configured OneDrive for the first time. It was set up to backup my Desktop, Document and Pictures and to sync them all. What I understood from the instructions is that this means the files will remain on the local PC and be backed up in the cloud. What...
  10. How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How prevent a OneDrive problem on setup?: Hi All: Great community of Windows users here. Hoping to tap it for help on a new 8" Windows 10 tablet I've sent to my Dad - who isn't very computer literate. My fear is that when he fires up the new tablet - the OneDrive will establish a sync with his OneDrive. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive oobe