Windows 10: Foreign font broken in Notepad

Discus and support Foreign font broken in Notepad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro. My Notepad files have some Korean, and all of them are broken as shown below (diamond symbols): (The file names and menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seung Jae Lee, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Foreign font broken in Notepad

I am using Windows 10 Pro.

My Notepad files have some Korean, and all of them are broken as shown below (diamond symbols):

(The file names and menu are correctly shown as you also can see below.)

Foreign font broken in Notepad 3aa26eba-f657-450c-a896-0ef2a4f0da12?upload=true.jpg

What I tried was:

- I changed the system locale to Korean.

- I saved as the file as UTF-8

- I even updated Windows to the latest version (1903).

However, the Korean characters are still shown broken. How can I fix this?

BTW, I opened this file in Notepad++, which is correctly shown, meaning the file itself is OK.

I believe there's problem in Notepad .

:)

Seung Jae Lee, Jul 26, 2019

2. Foreign Fonts in Windows 10 Applications

I tried this. These foreign fonts still show on the lists of fonts in my application. I can hide, but not delete "Leelawadi" for example, under Settings and Fonts. The font is greyed out there, but it still shows up in Microsoft Office when I look through
    the menu list of fonts.

donharmon42, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Notepad Fonts

The font file is TTF. Yep, exactly. Malgun is already installed but it does not appear in the list of fonts.

majoymeows, Jul 26, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Foreign font broken in Notepad

Notepad Fonts

Hi majoymeows

In Notepad, when you click Format - Font, does Malgun Gothic not appear in the list of fonts?

Do you know if the font you downloaded was a TTF or OTF type of font file?

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Foreign font broken in Notepad

1. Foreign font broken in Notepad - Similar Threads - Foreign font broken

2. Notepad fonts not working..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad fonts not working..: notepad fonts not working..*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-fonts-not-working/d189ce89-e847-4f0b-8b5d-e74c04547abf
  3. Notepad Broken.

Notepad Broken.: When I woke up this morning notepad had updated itself to the tabbed version on my main pc, but it's being real buggy on this pc. My other one has updated itself with the new notepad but no issues. Also tried reinstalling and restarting pc, still having issues. The problem...
  4. Notepad Broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Broken.: When I woke up this morning notepad had updated itself to the tabbed version on my main pc, but it's being real buggy on this pc. My other one has updated itself with the new notepad but no issues. Also tried reinstalling and restarting pc, still having issues. The problem...
  5. Notepad font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  6. Notepad font

Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  7. Problem in notepad font

Problem in notepad font: I am facing problem in notepad font. When I am using full stop in Roman font, the font style change automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-notepad-font/cee779f1-de4d-4bc6-a146-7560534a1593
  8. size of font notepad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    size of font notepad: hi I want notepad to open up on the size of font I like and the colour of font I like so I dont have to start resetting things every time Is there any way to do this ?...
  9. Notepad font error

Notepad font error: If i change font of one notepad file the changes are applied to all notepad file. How to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-font-error/f77e3e7c-2a83-43fd-9d7b-3e39f5760519
  10. Notepad default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad default font: How do I change Notepad default font? Every time I open Notepad, it always set to Arial even I have saved text files using other fonts. I'm running Windows 10 Home SL 1803 Build 17134.137 Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix broken font on notepad