Windows 10: Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending

Discus and support Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried all the internet solutions I can find. I've cleared the downloads in the software cache, I've tried safe mode, the troubleshooter and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tre4, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Tre4 Win User

Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending

I've tried all the internet solutions I can find. I've cleared the downloads in the software cache, I've tried safe mode, the troubleshooter and other things and still I have this problem.

Essentially I have the "Microsoft - Printer - 9/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 11.40.32.963" update at the bottom of a growing list of updates with a status of installing 0%.

Everything else has a status of "Install pending" and is just sitting there, presumably waiting for that to complete.

Windows has not tools or logging I can find to tell me what the issue is. Nor can I remove or pause this update so that the others could at least get their turn. As one of those is a new version of windows insider it might just solve the issue. this is version 18945 and has been working fine up until I spotted this. I've tried everything I know or can find so I thought I would ask here. I suspect I might need to be doing a new install from scratch though :-(

:)

2. e9leyland Win User

Update Pending Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18362.1 (19H1_RELEASE)

Yes, that turns off flighting whatever that means. *Smile How do I remove the update that is pending restart? I used the windows 10 update troubleshooter and it seems to have done something. I reboot the machine, and there is still the update pending restart. I run the update troubleshooter again and it finds nothing to fix. I looked at installed updates under add/remove programs, view installed updated radio button and could not find it. I will feel much better getting rid of the pending restart and the slow ring preview build altogether. Any suggestions?

e9leyland, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows Update loading forever

Then you have 2 options left:
    • Do a system Restore and go back when your updates worked.
    • Do a repair install, which keeps everything and reinstalls Windows.
    I can provide you steps for the second one

Sumit Dhiman, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending

Pending Forever Downloads

Having same problem, but your fix couldn't help because

1) windows update "could not be stopped"

2) there is NO "softwaredistribution" file -- do you mean the entire folder?

3) I couldn't get to step 3 because of steps 1 and 2 above.

ChristopherM1963, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending

1. Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending - Similar Threads - Forever Installing update

2. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  3. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  4. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does Sync Pending mean?: I am using OneDrive. I noticed that when I download something to my word or excel in OpenOffice, some of the status icons are a check mark inside a circle and a few others are 2 arrows forming a circle that say Sync Pending.. Can anyone tell me what Sync Pending means and how...
  6. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does Sync Pending mean?: I am using OneDrive. I noticed that when I download something to my word or excel in OpenOffice, some of the status icons are a check mark inside a circle and a few others are 2 arrows forming a circle that say Sync Pending.. Can anyone tell me what Sync Pending means and how...
  7. What does Sync Pending mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. install pending updates

install pending updates: Hello! I am brand new to Windows 10. I know, what took me so long right? The update system is a lot different than what I'm used to, I can't seem to find the "Install" button. There's just "Pause updates for 7 days" "Change active hours" "View update history"...
  9. All updates taking forever.

All updates taking forever.: I just got my brand-new gaming PC the other day, and it's great! It's the very first Windows 10 computer that I have ever had. I started downloading things I wanted on my computer, 1 at a time, but I noticed that it was downloading very, very slowly. I am most positive that...
  10. Updates Pending to Installed

Updates Pending to Installed: How do I get from Pending to Installed when new updates have completed the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending-to-installed/4b6e947b-a2c1-478e-924f-d1e8282c095a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update stuck on pending install

2. windows update manualy install pending install

3. windows updates pending install