Windows 10: Forever spin cycle until I take out logitech transceiver

Discus and support Forever spin cycle until I take out logitech transceiver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I have to reboot my computer it will remain on a black screen with the spin dot cycle indefinitely until I remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kered1010, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kered1010 Win User

Forever spin cycle until I take out logitech transceiver

For some reason whenever I have to reboot my computer it will remain on a black screen with the spin dot cycle indefinitely until I remove the transceiver for my wireless logitech mouse and keyboard. When I use my Microsoft peripheral it boots up no problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

kered1010, Sep 15, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 update (1607 version)

If you are getting a Black Screen with the spinning dots after an update, the culprit is probably a wireless mouse, there is a known issue between Windows 10 Update and a wireless mouse, especially Logitech models - Logitech are working on a fix.

If it is a Black Screen with spinning dots and you have a wireless mouse, unplug the USB Transceiver for the mouse and the Update will proceed . . .

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Sep 15, 2017
  3. How do I pair a Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard with another receiver?

The question is still actual until today. I have a combo ergonomic sculpt keyboard + mouse, but i lost the usb transceiver v9.0. Am i correct that the waranty period is 3 year? The keyboard and mouse work perfectly. I dont want to but another combo. Where
    i can buy just the usb transceiver? If no where, how can i make it work with another microsoft transceiver 7.0 or logitech universal transceive that i have?

Minh-Duc Nguyen, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Do you have the latest Logitech Setpoint installed?

5. kered1010 Win User
    I'm pretty sure Setpoint is the software used for when your peripherals have programmable buttons. It is simply a K360 which has none of that. When I tried to install setpoint, on the second step I was met with the message "Installation could not be completed because you lack the required components."

kered1010, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Did you use the full installer, or smart installer? Try the full if you tried the smart.

7. Setpoint is not needed unless you have special keys you actually use. On my K350 its just the Blue ones that require Setpoint to work. I don't install Setpoint and all my Logitech Unifying devices work just fine with the stock windows supplied drivers. The only thing I ever install is the Unifying software, and only if I need to link un link devices to a receiver.
    Batteries OK in the keyboard and mouse?

alphanumeric, Sep 15, 2017
  8. kered1010 Win User

Batteries are fine. I went to the Logitech site to perhaps manually add some sort of driver and all I found was that Setpoint Dude mentioned and like you said it doesn't appear to be needed. I did do the manual install BTW. So strange this is happening. I thought it may be some sort of BIOS setting like it was trying to boot from it but then again I wouldn't be seeing the Windows spin cycle if that were the case right? It's crazy, as soon as I unplug the transceiver, boom, the login screen loads up. Of course I can't sign in because there is no keyboard attached at that point. lol If all I had to do was unplug it and plug it back in I could live with that since I only reboot on updates but that is not an option.

kered1010, Sep 15, 2017
  9. Dude Win User
    Take boot from USB out of your boot options just in case. I suggested Setpoint as it should give you the most current drivers.

10. One of the things I really like about the Logitech Unifying keyboards and mice, is that the dongle appears to the PC, as just a regular USB wired keyboard mouse. Thus they work in the BIOS and in Windows with no drivers needed. The dongle is just a USB HID device. No drivers needed other than the regular windows supplied drivers. That being said, I don't know what is going wrong in your case? I would try a different USB port for one thing. Make sure its plugged into a USB 2 port. And I would use one on the back of the case, one that's mounted right on the motherboard, not one that's on a harness. If you have installed Setpoint, have a look around in there and see if it shows anything out of the ordinary.
    I've had the odd glitch, nothing like this though. Another option is to launch the Unifying software. Then unlink and relink each device one at a time. You'll want to do that with a normal wired mouse. It can be done with just the keyboard but its tricky tabbing to the right options etc.

alphanumeric, Sep 16, 2017
  11. kered1010 Win User
    Well, the Unifying software did the trick! Very much appreciated! I only wish Logitech support site was a little more clear on its software and drivers. I specifically did a search for a driver for my keyboard/mouse and all that came up was the Setpoint which has nothing to do with my particular keyboard/mouse. Once again, thank you very much for your time.

kered1010, Sep 16, 2017
  12. Dude Win User
    Glad you sorted it. i would post your results on the logitech forum too. For me, setpoint installs the Unifying software, so they need to fix it for your model.

13. kered1010 Win User

Done.

Forums

Thanks again for all your help!

kered1010, Sep 16, 2017
  14. Setpoint will install Unifying, you can install just the unifying by itself too. You might have to hunt around the site to find just the Unifying by itself though. As far as I know Unifying isn't a driver either, its just a utility for linking devices, checking battery status etc. I use the M570 Trackballs instead of mice. The last Logitech keyboard I bought came with a mouse I didn't use. I just unlinked the keyboard from the Unifying dongle it came with and linked it to the one for my trackball. Then gave the mouse to my father.
    Anyway, good that you got it sorted out.

alphanumeric, Sep 16, 2017
  15. kered1010 Win User
    That's so cool that Logitech lets split up duos and use them as standalones. I had been shopping for a new keyboard and many times they came with a mouse that I did not need. I was like damn, this sucks. I feel like I am wasting my money if I buy this or that. Anyways, it was your suggestion to look for the Unifying software that got me on the right track. So thank you very much.

You are correct that it is not a driver but for some reason it worked!

kered1010, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Forever spin cycle until I take out logitech transceiver - Similar Threads - Forever spin cycle

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 Login screen keeps cycling "blue with spinning dots/login screen" forever

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Login screen keeps cycling "blue with spinning dots/login screen" forever: Windows 10 latest version - no recent updates/changes. At switch on Windows goes through the motions but at the pre-login screen, i.e. with picture/time/date but no login box - and without pressing any keys - the screen goes blue with the spinning dots for seconds/minutes......
  7. out of browser web links take forever to open

in Browsers and Email
    out of browser web links take forever to open: I am building a system for my cousin, Bard new system, all virgin parts and a brand new installation of Windows 10. Everything is running just fine, EXCEPT one problem! When i click on any links which are in other programs besides the web browsers they seem to take up to...
  8. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...