Windows 10: Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast

Discus and support Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks for simple copying from a Remote Nas server TO windows - forget using things like RDP or SAMBA copying with file explorer-- Filezilla client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Feb 16, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast

Hi folks

for simple copying from a Remote Nas server TO windows - forget using things like RDP or SAMBA copying with file explorer-- Filezilla client on windows (supports sftp protocol) transfers a zillion times faster --just copied an 80GB Windows Virtual Machine image to a Windows host -- did it in 23 minutes -- OK by me for a full 80GB file. (Ensure on the remote server openssl is installed and service sshd is running and enabled).

Filezilla client installs fine on Windows and is FREE. Really easy to use too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 16, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remote File transfer ?

Setup an FTP server, Filezilla's server is free and easy to configure. Use the Filezilla client to transfer the files(or any other FTP client you prefer).

newtekie1, Feb 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Lan File Transfer

Try using Filezilla as the FTP client, it has both a Linux and Windows version. It will download multiple files at once to maximize bandwidth.

I don't think there are many other options besides Samba and FTP. Though I'm interested if there is.

newtekie1, Feb 16, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Remote Windows FTP via Filezilla and SSL (FROM Linux TO windows)

Hi folks

Anybody got any comments about Filezilla as a client on a Linux GUI to retrieve files from a remote Windows system via SSL. It works perfectly from LINUX to LINUX (you need to ensure openssl and service sshd is running) but it seems a little bit of a pain to get an SSL server working in windows (or at least to me).

I really don't like the idea of SAMBA transfer over the public internet or using rdp (on linux rdp'ing to windows is easy enough - krdp,xrdp, etc etc). In any case on remote connections rdp is as slow as molasses even with decent Internet speeds at both ends - upload on the remote and download at the local end.

Filezilla seems reasonably secure with ssl

here's an example between two local linux machines

Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast [​IMG]

I haven't yet got windows connection to work yet -- not a windows expert so advice from anyone here would be welcome. I think I'm getting hosed up in the public key thing on Windows with SSL.

Note I want transfer From REMOTE WINDOWS TO LINUX (while logged on to LINUX) (not the other way around which is easy enough !!)

(Windows 10 PRO / Workstation -- not using Windows 10 HOME)

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Forget slow RDP / SAMBA for file transfer -- FileZilla really fast - Similar Threads - Forget slow RDP

2. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  3. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast internet but really slow downloads: I am trying to download files on opera I have also tried chrome and the download speed I am getting is 120 KB/s. I thought it may be a problem with the internet nut I am cabled into a TP link Wi-Fi extender using a cat 6 cable. I have checked using a speed test and the...
  4. Fast internet but really slow downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow file transfer

Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  6. FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers

FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers: Hi folks Some filezilla users might not be aware of this but you can increase throughput for file transfers by changing the maximum number of concurrent transfers to 10 -- it installs 2 by default. (The optimum number will be based on your network speed capability and also...
  7. Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer

Filezilla concurrent copying on same Host - Forget File Explorer: Hi folks Just to remind people that if you like Filezilla (a load faster than file explorer by a mega factor) it will also much more securely copy files to HDD's / SDD's / directories on the SAME Host as well and it does concurrent transfers not just one at a time. On the...
  8. For Fast File XFER - Filezilla

For Fast File XFER - Filezilla: Hi there I can't recommend this FREE program highly enough - a winner in every way including sftp encrypted secure file transfers Works really fast, much more reliable than Windows explorer and can re-try, decent logs etc etc. Fast XFER, Windows to / from Windows, Windows...
  9. Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files goes really fast then slows to a crawl.: I just got a new 8tb external drive and this started happening. 2.5 gb file mkv It'll have a burst of write speed completing 60-80% and then slow all the way to 0 and just trickle the rest, even though it fluctuates from as low as 5 up to 30-50mb until it's done....
  10. My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android

My Wi-Fi is really slow on Windows but really fast on Android: When I use my Wi-Fi on Android it's really fast, but when I use it on Windows it's really slow. I noticed that on windows when I open Youtube and Google it's fast no problem and I can load 4K videos without buffer, but I tried loading Amazon and Speedtest.net it wouldn't load...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot