Windows 10: Forget The NAS

Discus and support Forget The NAS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the last year, it seems like my two computers like to keep things and not keep things, meaning settings keep getting changed and then I have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Jan 11, 2021.

1. timlab55 Win User

Forget The NAS

In the last year, it seems like my two computers like to keep things and not keep things, meaning settings keep getting changed and then I have to go back and redo them. So my question is this: Can I still have my windows 10 Pro running windows and at the same time use it as a NAS server? I did find this one program on line called "FileZilla", but I'm sure others have found something better. Any suggestions? I really don't want to purchase a NAS unit just for file backup.
    Thanks

:)

timlab55, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Network attached storage (NAS)

OKAY... I get the laptop thru all the updates by using the troubleshooter. Now I still cannot see my NAS in file explorer BUT there is one file listed in quick access that is on the NAS. If I open file location I can see everything on the NAS (WOOHOO)
    but if I close file explorer and reopen it the NAS does not appear(?).

I am sure there is a small tweak that needs to be made but at least if I don't loose the quick access I will be able to access my files.

One step forward!!!!

Thanks,

Len

p.s. still working on the desktop Forget The NAS :(

LenKopecky, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Forget The NAS

QNAP Releases McAfee Antivirus for Turbo NAS

Step right up, folks! Yes, now your QNAP Turbo NAS can feel as sluggish as your desktop PC with a new McAfee AntiVirus subscription. And let's not forget that false sense of security when malware walks right past McAfee AV without even a squawk.
    *Roll :roll:

Static~Charge, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Forget The NAS

1. Forget The NAS - Similar Threads - Forget NAS

2. I have to forget the device and pair it again. How do I make it easier to connect my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to forget the device and pair it again. How do I make it easier to connect my...: Everytime Im trying to connect my airpods to my phone after connecting it to my laptop, I have to forget the device and pair it again. I have this issue with my new laptop and it is a hassle to forget the device and pair it again everytime I want to use it on my phone or...
  3. I have to forget the device and pair it again. How do I make it easier to connect my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to forget the device and pair it again. How do I make it easier to connect my...: Everytime Im trying to connect my airpods to my phone after connecting it to my laptop, I have to forget the device and pair it again. I have this issue with my new laptop and it is a hassle to forget the device and pair it again everytime I want to use it on my phone or...
  4. I forget my windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forget my windows password: How can I recover that password to log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-my-windows-password/e3a5236e-4781-46f2-88c0-5b6308b45a77
  5. I forget my windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forget my windows password: How can I recover that password to log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forget-my-windows-password/e3a5236e-4781-46f2-88c0-5b6308b45a77
  6. I forget my windows password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hi I cannot open my other e mail I forget password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi I cannot open my other e mail I forget password: Hi I forget my password for my e mail : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** try to reset it my send code to my phone but doesnt work and i try to get code from e mail and i didnt received it...
  8. Win 10 File Explorer "forgets" NAS after period of time 9 of 11 other network devices appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Explorer "forgets" NAS after period of time 9 of 11 other network devices appear: This is a weird one. My NAS Network Attached Storage is "forgotten" in "Network" for Win 10 File Explorer by my desktop, but remains visible on my laptop. When I click on it in the laptop, then it "sometimes" becomes visible on the desktop. Note: "Other Devices 9" appears...
  9. Forget The NAS

Forget The NAS: In the last year, it seems like my two computers like to keep things and not keep things, meaning settings keep getting changed and then I have to go back and redo them. So my question is this: Can I still have my windows 10 Pro running windows and at the same time use it as...
  10. NAS forgets login info on every restart

NAS forgets login info on every restart: So my roommate has a server with NAS for movies and tv shows. A separate drive for each (partitions). He gave me a bat file to set them up which works. However every time I restart my computer, they show disconnected. When I double click either of them, it says the login...