Windows 10: Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive

Discus and support Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My company has a Shared Drive Folder that several people access. We recently got a new computer for a coworker. But everything he reboots his PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Z_A_S, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Z_A_S Win User

Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive

My company has a Shared Drive Folder that several people access. We recently got a new computer for a coworker. But everything he reboots his PC and tries to open the Shared Folder, he is prompted to enter the username and password. This is despite checking "Remember Credentials." Why is this happening? This is not the case for everyone else who is connected.

:)

Z_A_S, Sep 25, 2019
  2. ryley2637 Win User

Shared Drive Credentials

I've been experimenting with setting up an old PC (running 10) as a NAS, and I've created a few shared drives with specific ones allowing access to specific users. Most of the shared drives will accept my login info, which is the exact same on my desktop (the client PC). This allows me to basically just access every share without mapping them when on VPN. However, one of my shared drives is not shared to that same username. When I try to map it with the different credentials, it fails because the other shares are mapped with my other credentials, and it's not letting me map one shared drive with different credentials then all the others? Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

ryley2637, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive

1. Forgetting Credentials for Shared Drive - Similar Threads - Forgetting Credentials Shared

2. Credential for file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Credential for file sharing: This question has been asked before but I cannot see an answer that has worked. Microsoft should publish an answer if there is one, and not rely on the Community..I am trying to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 PC. File Explorer shows both computers on the...
  3. Credential for file sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential for file sharing: This question has been asked before but I cannot see an answer that has worked. Microsoft should publish an answer if there is one, and not rely on the Community..I am trying to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 PC. File Explorer shows both computers on the...
  4. Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions: I apologize for the length, but I think the information may be useful in solving the problem. I am experiencing network file sharing problems. I’ll describe them, then at the end I’ll lay out what I’ve already tried. Any help is appreciated.BACKGROUNDSituation: One desktop...
  5. Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions

Drive Sharing Problem with Inconsistent Credentials and Permissions: I apologize for the length, but I think the information may be useful in solving the problem. I am experiencing network file sharing problems. I’ll describe them, then at the end I’ll lay out what I’ve already tried. Any help is appreciated.BACKGROUNDSituation: One desktop...
  6. GPO to forget saved RDP credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO to forget saved RDP credentials: Users are saving RDP credentials in their RDP mstsc window. How to remove the saved credentials. I know there is a option to remove REMEMBER ME option. But that is not removing saved credentials.Also i created a test machine to test this with test ADIf i save by calling...
  7. GPO to forget saved RDP credentials

GPO to forget saved RDP credentials: Users are saving RDP credentials in their RDP mstsc window. How to remove the saved credentials. I know there is a option to remove REMEMBER ME option. But that is not removing saved credentials.Also i created a test machine to test this with test ADIf i save by calling...
  8. GPO to forget saved RDP credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. 2004 credentials manager is forgetful

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 credentials manager is forgetful: Since 2004 update, the credentials manager is losing login name and password for accessing shared folders on to local servers, after every reboot. One of the folders is on server in domain, the other server is not. And the PC, that is suppose to access these folders is not...
  10. Shared Drive Credentials

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared Drive Credentials: I've been experimenting with setting up an old PC (running 10) as a NAS, and I've created a few shared drives with specific ones allowing access to specific users. Most of the shared drives will accept my login info, which is the exact same on my desktop (the client PC). This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps forgetting shared drives

2. windows 10 credential manager forgets credential