Windows 10: Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

Discus and support Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; yesterday i i was trying to uninstall my display drivers with ddu, so i booted up in safe mode as it told me to, but for some reason both my microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jzhc7, Jul 20, 2020.

1. jzhc7 Win User

Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

yesterday i i was trying to uninstall my display drivers with ddu, so i booted up in safe mode as it told me to, but for some reason both my microsoft account password and PIN doesn't work. I searched up tons of solutions online and none worked for me. bcbedit didnt work, boot safe mode with network didnt work, and it tells me that theres an error when i try to reset it.

If anyone have advice or solution please let me know.

:)

jzhc7, Jul 20, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

Safe mode problem can't login

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

1. Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode - Similar Threads - Forgetting password can't

2. Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to Admin account in safe mode.: I've been having many issues with my HP laptop lately failing windows updates, failed signature checks so I have no audio, corrupt display adapter, so I booted Windows in safe mode to see if something I installed had been causing issues. Now I get "Something happened and your...
  3. How to exit safe mode after forgetting password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to exit safe mode after forgetting password?: So my computer ran into a problem with the secur32.dll file (srry if wrong name) and I read up a tutorial to use the scan command, however it ran into an error and I was advised to use safe mode to proceed with the check, I forgot however that to enter the computer in safe...
  4. Safe mode blocking login. no password works.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode blocking login. no password works.: Another safety program switched me to Safe Mode but it is now stuck with none of my passwords working. Safe mode doesn't open an neither does anything else. Gotta be a way in, but how?...
  5. forget password when login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    forget password when login: after upgrade win10 1803 to 1903,it required me to input my microsoft account ,which is set 2 years ago! I forgot it already! so I went to live.comto reset my password , but, it still failed to login ! by the way,I was used to login by PIN,not account,...
  6. Stuck in safe mode login, password is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in safe mode login, password is not working: Hi, i was trying to remove my gpu drivers and to do so the program rebooted me into safe mode. Safe mode will not let me login using my password. It keeps saying its incorrect which it is not because i just logged in. Is there a way to bypass this or get through this safe...
  7. Stuck in Safe mode because I forget password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Safe mode because I forget password: I stuck in safe mode lock screen because i forget my password, i try get in to command prompt, but still ask me the password. I also try to connect with network in safe mode, but still not working at all. Now i had no idea to get out the safe mode...
  8. Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck, can't login and in Safe Mode: I entered regular safe mode this morning and it had been stuck there ever since. It says wrong password, I've tried all passwords and pins I can remeber and nothing. Tried choosing safe mode with networking in troubleshooting (holding shift while selecting restart) but...
  9. I forget the passport for Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forget the passport for Safe Mode: I booted the system in the Safe Mode. But now when I start the PC it asks a password but I don’t remember it. I only remember my PIN, I’m not sure that I really had this password....
  10. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...