Windows 10: Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

Discus and support Forgetting WIFI Network from GP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We've been experiencing a strange issue with our wireless settings being deployed through group policy. Computers will work fine and then suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidJarboe1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

We've been experiencing a strange issue with our wireless settings being deployed through group policy. Computers will work fine and then suddenly disconnect from the wireless network and appear to forget the network. Plugging in and doing a gpupdate will fix it temporarily, but in many cases, these computers come back to us with a connection issue again.

When doing a gpresult on these machines, we can see that the policy is still being pulled down, but the registry entries that point the wireless autoconfig service to the settings are gone.

No changes have been made to the wireless network or the GPO. The only things I can identify that we have changed are upgrading to Windows 10 1903 and installing iBoss for content filtering. We are checking with them to see if there is something they are doing to remove saved wifi networks, but I don't know that those settings are even available in iBoss.

:)

DavidJarboe1, Sep 4, 2019

2. Forget a WiFi Network

Hi Jess,

Windows 10 saves a list of Wi-Fi networks you connect to along with their passwords and other settings. If you want to manage or delete a certain network, just follow the steps provided below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Wi-Fi on the left pane of the Network & Internet window.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Select the network name and click Forget.

Note: Since you can't remember the network name you've connected with, you can consider forgetting all saved Wi-Fi networks on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Justine Pel, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Phillip Roos, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Bill6212 Win User

Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

Forget WIFI Network won't FORGET

I am in able to connect to wifi networks at any Starbucks (Google Starbucks wifi) locations for the past three months. When I try to FORGET the network in settings, "Manage Know Networks" and click the "forget" box, it changes from "active" to the "unusable
    gray-ed out appearance." BUT the network is not removed.

I've also used RegEdit32 and deleted numerous copies of the "Google Starbucks" in ...\NetworkList\Profiles. There are no profiles with "Google Starbucks" in that section of the registry, but it still shows up under my known wifi networks/ When I attempt
    to connect with "Google Starbucks," the connection fails. I also realize that Starbucks requires a secondary step (as do many public wifi locations). This, however, is not the problem. I know how to access the validation page. I can actually reach that page
    for about 20 seconds after a reboot, but once I accept the connection, I lose the network. This doesn't just happen at one Starbucks location. It happens at all Starbuck I visit which is no less than ten locations in multiple cities.

I'm trying to solve this problem without losing more than a dozen networks I connect with in my travels. Several, I would have to re-acquire passwords to access, so I don't' want to delete the entire device driver if I don't have to. I have success in all
    my other wifi connections. It is just with this corrupt connection with 'Google Starbucks."

Bill6212, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Forgetting WIFI Network from GP

1. Forgetting WIFI Network from GP - Similar Threads - Forgetting WIFI Network

2. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  3. how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to forget wifi network in microsoft windows 11: I need to create a guide on how to forget wireless networks in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-forget-wifi-network-in-microsoft-windows-11/a4b1619d-e322-4007-84f9-6989f6344659
  4. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  5. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  6. forget internet networks from available networks list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    forget internet networks from available networks list: how to forget internet networks from available networks list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-internet-networks-from-available-networks/4dddc4ba-4940-4a0a-b087-cc1b01f4bf81
  7. forget internet networks from available networks list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forget internet networks from available networks list: how to forget internet networks from available networks list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forget-internet-networks-from-available-networks/4dddc4ba-4940-4a0a-b087-cc1b01f4bf81
  8. forget internet networks from available networks list

9. Help with forgetting wifi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with forgetting wifi network: Hi, any help would be appreciated. I am trying to log on to a wifi network that I my laptop is familiar with, but with a different username and password (I am a teaching intern and was using my teacher's profile, now I have my own). When I try to "forget" the network and...
  10. Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Forget Multiple Unknown WiFi Networks: The wifi at my house is constantly getting interrupted and I believe it is because my PC is trying to connect to other networks when it doesn't need to. I've reset the router, flushed DNS updated driver and all of that and nothing has worked. I tried to get my PC to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forgetting wi fi networks windows 2019