Windows 10: Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

Discus and support Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop. When I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bropper, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Bropper Win User

Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

:)

Bropper, Sep 7, 2018
  2. nic-- Win User

PIN is required to login

I used to login windows with my fingerprint.

But now it required to login with my PIN and I forgot my PIN (even didn't remember that I set a PIN or not)

I check on "forget PIN" but no response.

I scan fingerprint and it required my PIN....

How can I login with my fingerprint only?

nic--, Sep 7, 2018
  3. markg2 Win User
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

markg2, Sep 7, 2018
  4. carsonsw Win User

PIN is required to login

Hey Nic,

Unfortunately, A pin is required for biometrics .. the becomes your password. A pin is actually more secure than a password.

It might seem less secure, but it is only stored on the machine and has additional safety checks. Basically, the Pin is the mechanism for any authentication (password, fingerprint, iris scan, face recognition ...).

To answer your question: not currently Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin! :(

Regards,

Carson

carsonsw, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin! - Similar Threads - Forgot Admin Password

2. Forgot Admin Password and I don't know what's my Pin, usually use fingerprint but now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Admin Password and I don't know what's my Pin, usually use fingerprint but now...: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account.When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin...
  3. Forgot Admin Password and I don't know what's my Pin, usually use fingerprint but now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Admin Password and I don't know what's my Pin, usually use fingerprint but now...: I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account.When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin...
  4. Forgot Admin Password and I don't know what's my Pin, usually use fingerprint but now...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  6. Pin is required after using fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is required after using fingerprint?: I registered a fingerprint to login. After I added it, windows asked if I wanted to add a pin just incase i couldnt use my fingerprint.I guess if i got glue or paint on my finger i could still logon. Seemed logical. For some reason when I try to log on with the finger print...
  7. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  8. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot: PLEASE HELP!!My laptop underwent an update today and tonight while I tried to turn it on, the lock screen reads 'pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device' and I forgot the password for the account. I'm using a local account so...
  9. Couldn't log into Windows using admins pin and password forgot

10. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint: For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i forgot the pin to my laptop because of the fingerprint scan

2. forgot admin password windows 10 but have fingerprint