Windows 10: Forgot admin password

Discus and support Forgot admin password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My son has a laptop that we are trying to make changes to but we get a pop up box asking for the admin password for my Microsoft account L Janet.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LJanet, Jul 21, 2019.

1. LJanet Win User

Forgot admin password

My son has a laptop that we are trying to make changes to but we get a pop up box asking for the admin password for my Microsoft account L Janet. However the userid that is showing up when that box pops up is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** which is a very old email I don't have anymore and I don't remember any password assigned with that email and it won't let me change it. I do have a Microsoft account with the user name L Janet (which is the one I'm using to submit this question) but the userid for it is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I have a current password which I do know and can use to access. I wanted to reset the Windows installation but again it won't allow me to do it without putting in the password for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So I can't even do that.

Also, when I click on the forgot my password, and it takes me to the reset page, it tells me that there is no Microsoft account available for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. What can I do to get that admin address off this computer. It's pretty useless to use if I can't access anything without putting in a password I don't know. I can sign in with a different Microsoft account, but that box still pops up to make any changes to the laptop

:)

LJanet, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Forgot admin password

Forgot admin password

I forgot my Admin password on my Toshiba laptop. Thank you

[Original Title: admin password]

SEANLYNCH43, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Forgot admin password

1. Forgot admin password - Similar Threads - Forgot admin password

2. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  3. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password: forgot admin password system error during updates need password to attempt to correct errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/890a0cce-4b73-42a8-ad30-d954c60133f6
  4. Forgot admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot admin password: Help! I have an HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop operating Windows 10. I do not have a password reset disk and we cannot remember the password. My business is dead in the water unless I can get into this system, any suggestions? Thanks so much for your input!...
  5. Forgot Admin Password

Forgot Admin Password: Hi, I bought a laptop a couple of years ago and added a couple of users... 1 of them being and administrator, I remember all the local users password, whereas the admin password is the one I forgot. I need to reset the password so I can have all administrator access....
  6. forgot admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot admin password: Hello everyone Can you tell me program or what i recovery password i try everything. Try from microsoft-live but dont change.When i try to click to reset password show me this feature requires removable media such as a usb flash drive Please,help :))) Thank you,everyone!!!...
  7. Forgot admin password

Forgot admin password: I forgot my Admin password on my Toshiba laptop. Thank you [Original Title: admin password] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/744ef23a-6861-4763-8e47-f2042c8a6cac"
  8. forgot admin. password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    forgot admin. password: forgot my admin. password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password/cb66852d-5442-4f24-bce5-6368433483c2
  9. forgot admin password

forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...
  10. forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot admin password: I have an old tosiba laptop (with windows 10) that I have forgotton admin password for. There is another user whos password I remember so have been logging on under their name instead. However I do need to gain access to the admins controls, is it possible or do I do a...