Windows 10: Forgot admin pin/pasword

Discus and support Forgot admin pin/pasword in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used the free upgrade when it was available on my laptop (over a year ago). I forgot the password so now I have a laptop with windows 10 but no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by claris-026, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Forgot admin pin/pasword

I used the free upgrade when it was available on my laptop (over a year ago). I forgot the password so now I have a laptop with windows 10 but no updates and it is a security problem. Since the free upgrade did not include the forgot pin/password option, I am stuck. What now?

:)

claris-026, Jul 24, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Forgot admin pin/pasword

Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

I forgot what build # it was but it was created before the offical relase of Windows 10 (When it was in development)

Christian Edwards, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Forgot admin pin/pasword

1. Forgot admin pin/pasword - Similar Threads - Forgot admin pin

2. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  3. Forgot PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  4. Forgot Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  5. Forgot Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  6. Forgot Pin

7. forgot pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  8. forgot pin

forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  9. How to start computer without pasword or pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to start computer without pasword or pin: hey all, In previous version of win 10 there was an option with netplwiz to disable log in with pasword or pin but now with version win 10 2004 the option is gone. Is there another way to disable it ? Thx in advance 164029
  10. pasword vs cod PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pasword vs cod PIN: can I use cod PIN instead of password in remote desktop connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pasword-vs-cod-pin/6210cd1c-a09e-44f4-8252-30326c2d5087