Windows 10: FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

Discus and support FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi , My laptop started acting weird and failed to recognise my fingerprint. I have forgot my PIN or maybe the one i entered is correct . I happen to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bhushan. V, Feb 24, 2021.

1. FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

Hi ,

My laptop started acting weird and failed to recognise my fingerprint. I have forgot my PIN or maybe the one i entered is correct . I happen to remember my password but my laptop says it's incorrect. I managed to log into another local account on the same PC which doesn't have a password and search how do i get my account back. I tried signing out and going back into the main user but it still wouldn't let me. One of the forums suggested switching off the device 3 times immediately when the manufacturer's logo appears on screen. I tried this and to my luck the device could recognise my fingerprint. Now that I am logged into the main account how do i reset my local password and PIN. Changing either requires an old password or a PIN.

Thanks & regards,
    V. Bhushan

:)

Bhushan. V, Feb 24, 2021

2. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 24, 2021
  3. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2021
  4. OldMike65 Win User

FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

forgot what the password is for your local account

What if you are using your Microsoft account Shawn, and you forgot what the password is for your local account??? Long time ago when I was just using my local account, I never had a password setup for it. Now if I try to log in to my local account, it wants me to enter a password, so right now I don't use it.

And using netplwiz to change your local password, how do I know which user account is my local account?? I am the only user on my computer, and Netplwiz shows me two times, along with a HomeGroupUser$ and guest.

I am listed under group heading in 2 ways, Homeusers and homeusers;Administrator;Users ???

user must enter a password to use this computer is turned off bty.

OldMike65, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

1. FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD - Similar Threads - FORGOT LOCAL PASSWORD

2. I forgot my administrator password local password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  3. I forgot my administrator password local password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my administrator password local password: Is there a way to bypass the administrator password? I didn't use a Microsoft account, it is a local password. I tried safe mode and I still can't get in. I didn't back up my files and I have word documents and power point files that I want to recover. Please let me know what...
  4. I forgot my administrator password local password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forgot Windows 10 Local Password

Forgot Windows 10 Local Password: I have Windows 10 Build 19041. In the process of trying to fix the issue of getting a message to fix shared accounts See https://windowsreport.com/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account/, I changed my local account password and then forgot it! I log in with a PIN, so I can...
  6. Forgot local account password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot local account password: I've logged out my email because I wanted to add my new one and now it asks me for my account password. I use a pin to log in to my computer. I set that password 4 years ago and never used it since I have a pin. I am trying to reset the password but i can't figure it out....
  7. forgot local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot local password: i forget a password to login in my desktop how i reset to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-local-password/9221376a-7013-42b7-81a2-8f59a705e311
  8. Forgot local password

Forgot local password: Hi! I forgot my password I put in after turning on the pc. if I log into my Microsoft account on my phone the pc shows up. are these two accounts linked so I can reset the pc password?...
  9. Password That I Forgot Of Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password That I Forgot Of Local Account: i had signed with local account i dont remember password and well security questions..what can i do for it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-that-i-forgot-of-local-account/beba5caa-be69-4d2a-a136-792c9d2cb004
  10. forgot my password , local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    forgot my password , local account: I used to have the setting turned on so that every time my computer sleeps, i needed to enter a password. i turned it off so that i could just log in and out with 1 click, because i was planning to bring it into a repair shop for service, i did not want to have to tell them...