Windows 10: Forgot my product key from Windows 10

Discus and support Forgot my product key from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to do a clean Windows 10 installation on my laptop but i was accidentally chose go back to previous version of Windows 8. my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FrankYee29, May 5, 2019.

1. Forgot my product key from Windows 10

Hi, I was trying to do a clean Windows 10 installation on my laptop but i was accidentally chose go back to previous version of Windows 8. my laptop was got free upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and i don't know my Windows product key.. Please help!

:)

FrankYee29, May 5, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 5, 2019
  3. Forgot product key to activate Windows 10.

Original title : Forgot product key

When I purchased laptop, window 8 was there and later I installed window 10 free through Microsoft online. Currently, I sent my laptop for repair under warranty. When I received, I found my window inactive. Now I want to activate it but I forgot product
    key.

Kindly guide me to resolve this issue.

Regards.

TahirRizvi, May 5, 2019
  4. Forgot my product key from Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Forgot my product key from Windows 10

1. Forgot my product key from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Forgot product key

2. i forgot my product key but i know my product id??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my product key but i know my product id??: Can anyone help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-product-key-but-i-know-my-product-id/a97de7dc-a01f-4107-89b6-c039a2fc3de3
  3. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  4. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot to deactivate my product key.: How do I activate windows now?I forgot to deactivate the product key on my old PC before transferring to a new PC .I have now erased the drive. I do not want to buy a new product key. I honestly don't know what to do other than purchasi.ng another product key.If you can...
  5. I forgot to deactivate my product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I forgot my window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my window 7 product key: How do I activate window 10 with the same desktop? I have installed window 10 but it needs product key to activate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-window-7-product-key/03518f5b-8140-4037-a7d0-4059337e52d6
  7. I forgot my window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my window 7 product key: How do I activate window 10 with the same desktop? I have installed window 10 but it needs product key to activate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-window-7-product-key/03518f5b-8140-4037-a7d0-4059337e52d6
  8. I forgot my window 7 product key

9. Forgot my windows 10 pro product key

Forgot my windows 10 pro product key: I reset my PC recently because it was running really slow and it deactivated. The problem is I can’t remember the product key and don’t have it written down anywhere. Is there a way I can find out what it is ?...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key)

Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key): I bought a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF from Groupon that had Windows 10 already installed. The package did not include any kind of documentation from Microsoft, just the computer itself. Long story short, I now have to reinstall Windows off of the DVD ISO from the Microsoft...