Windows 10: forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?

Discus and support forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Cannot remember my Windows password. Can log in to msn and Windows user profile but have been asked for my "windows password" to restore my computer on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaButchkid, Dec 27, 2019.

1. forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?

Cannot remember my Windows password. Can log in to msn and Windows user profile but have been asked for my "windows password" to restore my computer on add new device to my msn account and those previously mentioned passwords don't work. Can the Windows password be reset without reloading Windows 10 and starting over from scratch?

:)

DaButchkid, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Forgot Windows 10 password...

For future reference, there have been reports that this was patched out several weeks back. I found an alternative method doing some registry diving.
    Reset Windows 10 password without using third party tools

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?

Forgot Windows 10 password...

Just for future reference, you don't need ntpasswordreset to do this. You just have to boot off the Windows install media(it can even be a Win8 media). Then hit shift+f10 to get a command prompt. Use the command prompt to rename c:/windows/system32/utilman.exe to utilman.bak, then copy cmd.exe to utilman.exe. Reboot into Windows and hit the little easy of access button on the login screen. Enjoy your command prompt with admin level access. You can now use the net user command to reset your password.

This work on UEFI or legacy installs.

newtekie1, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it?

1. forgot my Windows 10 install password. how can I reset it? - Similar Threads - forgot install password

2. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  3. I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password for an old computer, how can I reset it?: I wan to revive an old computer running 8.1 but I forgot the password, what could I do to reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-the-password-for-an-old-computer-how-can/2421b02d-46c6-4854-87ef-df86c49960b6
  4. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  5. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  6. I stupidly reset my windows local password and forgot it the next morning. How can I reset...

I stupidly reset my windows local password and forgot it the next morning. How can I reset...: I changed my windows 10 password because I had a falling out with my roommates, and I had given it to them before. I changed my password to something “really” good, with a password reminder of “P”. When I woke up the next morning I for the life of me have no idea what the new...
  7. I stupidly reset my windows local password and forgot it the next morning. How can I reset...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I stupidly reset my windows local password and forgot it the next morning. How can I reset...: I changed my windows 10 password because I had a falling out with my roommates, and I had given it to them before. I changed my password to something “really” good, with a password reminder of “P”. When I woke up the next morning I for the life of me have no idea what the new...
  8. I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it?

in Windows 10 Support
    I forgot my bios password- How I can reset it?: Hi as the title says I have forgotten my bios password. I have been trying to reset it for several days but without effects. I have tried bios-pw.org but it gives me the wrong pass when I put my unlock code. I wrote to Acer support they want $100 for reset....Is there any...
  9. Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password: Help me for rest my laptop password.. I can't enter in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-to-reset-the-password-i-forgot-my-password/ddb1ad77-eaeb-4ece-af7b-05b38defa2a5
  10. i forgot my desktop password how can i reset it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i forgot my desktop password how can i reset it?: actually, I set my password very long back, and I have been using pin-type security now I could not remember my password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-forgot-my-desktop-password-how-can-i-reset-it/cb30eb89-fe23-47ef-9b04-d2560eb5edc2"