Windows 10: Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

Discus and support Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joel Murugappan, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the option to sign in using password. If I click 'I Forgot my PIN' in the login page, it takes a moment and goes back to lock screen. If I try to uncheck the "Windows Hello Sign-in option" under Accounts>Sign-in options it asks for Admin account PIN. How to recover the PIN for Admin account?

:)

Joel Murugappan, Aug 10, 2021

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Ash_970 Win User
    Cannot login with pin after updating Windows 10 and forgot password

After updating Windows 10, on the login screen, there is no option for me to enter my pin and I forgot regular password. How can I get in? Thanks.

Also, my Microsoft account is not connected with the login, it is just a user name and password.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Ash_970, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

lost option to login with PIN

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

Thema:

Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

1. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password - Similar Threads - Forgot login PIN

2. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  3. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  4. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  5. Forgot my login password

Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  6. Forgot login password

Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  7. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

Forgot windows password but can login with PIN: I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot...
  8. Forgot windows password but can login with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot windows password but can login with PIN: I forgot my windows login password but remember my windows hello PIN. I can login into my windows with this PIN .Now Widgets on mt PC are not working. I try signing with the windows hello PIN but the app crashes and asks for signing info again.I wanted to create a Forgot...
  9. Forgot Password for Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Login: Hi, I know my pin, but I do not know the password. How do I reset the password for my login? And I mean for the login to my laptop, not my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-for-login/db45ffde-269d-481a-ae7d-563b913ae619
  10. Forgot Login password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Login password.: I forgot my password and security questions of my PC Login account which is linked to Microsoft. But I remember the pin and biometrics works also fine. Now, how can I reset the password without security questions and resetting the pc....