Windows 10: Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

Discus and support Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I re-set my windows password using my windows PIN?And is there a way to use my new password to log in without Windows wanting me to change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vincent van Oosterhout, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

How do I re-set my windows password using my windows PIN?And is there a way to use my new password to log in without Windows wanting me to change it to a "PIN" login?

:)

Vincent van Oosterhout, Jan 14, 2022

2. Remember PIN but forgot password

So, I remember my PIN for my account, which is an Administrator type Account, but I forgot my password. I tried reseting my password but because it asks me to enter my forgotten password, i can't reset my password. And also, my windows
    user isn't connected with my Microsoft Account yet, so it is impossible to change my local password from this website. I am currently using
    Windows 10, latest version. And as long as I remember, I never change my password and I still remember it very well, but windows said that the password is incorrect, and since I've been using PIN for a long time, i forgot if
    I changed the password or not. Please help, Thank you very much.

VenturoParvaiz, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

WINDOWS PASSWORD

Forgot Windows 10 Microsoft account password but remember the PIN

If you are using a Microsoft account and forgot the password, but still remember the PIN, you need to reset your password online from Microsoft website.

Step 1: sign in to Windows 10 with the PIN.

Step 2: Open the browser, go to
    https://account.live.com/password/reset
    , and follow the screen to reset your Microsoft account password.

MathewCooper, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

1. Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN - Similar Threads - Forgot password remember

2. Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account: Hello, I have forgotten the pin to my admin account and the password associated with the email to that account, I have been using this secondary account to access my computer but now I need to update some of the apps on my account and I can not do that without the admin...
  3. Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account: Hello, I have forgotten the pin to my admin account and the password associated with the email to that account, I have been using this secondary account to access my computer but now I need to update some of the apps on my account and I can not do that without the admin...
  4. Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN: How do I re-set my windows password using my windows PIN?And is there a way to use my new password to log in without Windows wanting me to change it to a "PIN" login?...
  5. Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Windows password but do remember my Windows PIN: How do I re-set my windows password using my windows PIN?And is there a way to use my new password to log in without Windows wanting me to change it to a "PIN" login?...
  6. Remember pin but forgot password Bluesreen

Remember pin but forgot password Bluesreen: I tried to fix my Bluescreen problem by using a command prompt but I forgot my password since I 've been using a pin for a very long time since the other methods haven't worked....
  7. Remember pin but forgot password

Remember pin but forgot password: How to reset my laptop passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remember-pin-but-forgot-password/8acd0aa2-b806-4c81-a633-fd160884b9e2
  8. Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows can’t remember my password/PIN: I’m running Windows 10 64 bit. When I boot the PC, and I’m at the sign-in screen, and I type in my PIN to sign in, Windows tells me my PIN is incorrect even though I’m 100% sure I’m typing it correctly. I’ve now changed my PIN 5 times in the last 24 hours. I’ve written...
  9. Remember PIN but forgot password

Remember PIN but forgot password: So, I remember my PIN for my account, which is an Administrator type Account, but I forgot my password. I tried reseting my password but because it asks me to enter my forgotten password, i can't reset my password. And also, my windows user isn't connected with my Microsoft...
  10. Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password: I was having some trouble today. i was trying to boot into safe mode (for a different reason) and it would not let me log in. From my understanding the admin password and the Microsoft password are different. I know both the Microsoft password and the pin winch i use to log...