Windows 10: Forgot my Windows Security login info

Discus and support Forgot my Windows Security login info in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to access my VPN that's in the Wifi menu on the taskbar, a window pops up, asking me to enter my username or password (a label in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IcyReaper, Dec 5, 2019.

1. IcyReaper Win User

Forgot my Windows Security login info

Whenever I try to access my VPN that's in the Wifi menu on the taskbar, a window pops up, asking me to enter my username or password (a label in the top left corner says Windows Security), both of which, hence the title, I FORGOT. I tried entering my PC username (the one I use for this PC, which is called LazyReaper) and as for the password, I don't KNOW my password, because I use a numerical code to login to my PC. Tried my Microsoft account login info, failed. Tried turning off the ask-you-to-login setting in the Users page on Control Panel, still there. Constructive help required.

And since I've tried both my PC account, and my Microsoft account..

WHICH ACCOUNT DO I LOGIN WITH!?!?

:)

IcyReaper, Dec 5, 2019
  2. IcyReaper Win User

Whenever I try to access my VPN that's in the Wifi menu on the taskbar, a window pops up, asking me to enter my username or password (a label in the top left corner says Windows Security), both of which, hence the title, I FORGOT.
    I tried entering my PC username (the one I use for this PC, which is called LazyReaper) and as for the password, I don't KNOW my password, because I use a numerical code to login to my PC. Tried my Microsoft account login info, failed. Tried turning off the
    ask-you-to-login setting in the Users page on Control Panel, still there. Constructive help required.

And since I've tried both my PC account, and my Microsoft account..

WHICH ACCOUNT DO I LOGIN WITH!?!?

IcyReaper, Dec 16, 2019
  3. IcyReaper Win User

I use Windscribe VPN, and I tried using my account that I use for Windscribe, but that one failed too (yes, I previously came to the same conclusion as you, but Windscribe doesn't put my credentials in the credential manager.) Also, I don't know if the
    Windows Security window is the VPN asking me for login info.

IcyReaper, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Forgot my Windows Security login info

How to change password for login without verifying security info?.

Hi Samuwella,

Sorry for the loss, not to worry we will try our best to assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10 account security.

Lets follow the below steps to fix the issue with Windows 10.

1. We Suggest you to refer to the below article on "Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised".
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10494/microsoft-account-get-back-compromised-account

2. Also refer to the below article on "How do I replace my security info"?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10634/microsoft-account-replace-all-security-info

3. Two-step verification helps protect you by making it more difficult for someone else to sign in to your Microsoft account. It uses two different forms of identity: your password, and a contact method (also known as security
    info). Even if someone else finds your password, they'll be stopped if they don't have access to your security info.

Refer the steps in the link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Forgot my Windows Security login info - Similar Threads - Forgot Security login

2. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  3. Forgot my login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my login password: I forgot my laptop user and administrative password. Tried to go to safe mode, and login using administrator as username and blank as password, but not working. Please advise how to reset or login....
  4. Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info": In their ever more pushy quest to harvest personal data, Microsoft have decided that I need to provide a phone number or alternate email address and Windows 11 is blocking login until I provide them. Is there a way to bypass this without being able to login in the first...
  5. Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info"

Windows 11 blocks login for "added security info": In their ever more pushy quest to harvest personal data, Microsoft have decided that I need to provide a phone number or alternate email address and Windows 11 is blocking login until I provide them. Is there a way to bypass this without being able to login in the first...
  6. I forgot my pin for login

I forgot my pin for login: I forgot my PIN for WIN login password was changed to PIN without my actions..on login I selected "Forgot my PIN"...and continued...How long will it take to receive a PIN? My security info change has been pending for the last 2 hours...Please respond To: *** Email address is...
  7. Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot my Windows login PIN and no option for login with password: Hi,This windows laptop has three accounts configured with one account as admin. Unfortunately, I forgot the PIN for the Admin account. If the other members trying to download any app it asks for Admin account PIN. Though I remember the Admin account password, I don't have the...
  8. Forgot Windows Login Password

Forgot Windows Login Password: please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-windows-login-password/821ca4d0-0f74-49fe-acb6-f163d5fff451
  9. Windows Login Forgot Password

Windows Login Forgot Password: Hi. I need help in logging in to my local PC. I installed an anti-virus and it prompted me to reboot in safe mode, so i did. But when I did, it asked me my password for login. The thing is, I don't know the password. I've only used my pin every time for over a year now and...
  10. I forgot my windows security password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my windows security password: I was trying to change my wi fi password and it asked for my password and I forgot what it is. User id I remembered but not the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-windows-security-password/12385bbe-ff3c-4958-b9fe-1fc50d7af430"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forgot windows security password