Windows 10: Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager

Discus and support Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like the review the hidden password assigned to a web application however a userid and password is required I selected Control Panel Menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ntracs, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ntracs Win User

Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager

I would like the review the hidden password assigned to a web application however a userid and password is required

I selected Control Panel Menu and Submenu Credentials Manager:

and proceeded to highlight Web Credentials and select the website which is password protected

The details of the website are displayed after I choose the down arrow on the right.

In the list of details the password field is displayed however the password is hidden.

When I select the SHOW PASSWORD option another box pops up called Windows Security displaying the text

"Please verify your credentials to view the stored passwords"

My Windows User ID account appears. followed by a box for a password

Beneath the password box the network Name of my PC and Windows User ID account.

It is displayed in a format PCID/UID.

I would appreciate some help understanding how this security is set up and what to access to change the parameters for the Windows Credentials Menu

Thank you

Ntracs

:)

Ntracs, Jan 11, 2019

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Managing Credentials with no password

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

• What are you referring to? When you say “using no user account and therefore no password ?”
    You can use Credential Manager to store credentials, such as user names and passwords that you use to log on to websites or other computers on a network.

To access Windows Credentials follow:

Control Panel >
    All Control Panel Items
    > Credential Manager.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Forgot Password and Account for access Credentials Manager - Similar Threads - Forgot Password Account

2. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  3. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  4. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  5. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Forgot account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot account password.: Forgot account password. It was created with a land line phone, so not possible to receive message when trying to recover. Go on the normal password recovery procedure but it tells me not enough information provided. Never used outlook to sent a mail, no payment information...
  7. Forgot account password.

Forgot account password.: Forgot account password. It was created with a land line phone, so not possible to receive message when trying to recover. Go on the normal password recovery procedure but it tells me not enough information provided. Never used outlook to sent a mail, no payment information...
  8. Forgot account password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  10. Recover Password to Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recover Password to Credential Manager: I thought that this was the same as Windows password, but it is not. My user name is shown, not email is that correct? If so how do I recover or change this password? I need this to uncover a site password....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users name and password for ms credential manager lost can i get a new on1