Windows 10: Forgot password and no picture sign in

Discus and support Forgot password and no picture sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brizarre, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Brizarre Win User

Forgot password and no picture sign in

I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer shut down.

when I try to log in, the picture sign in is not an option, how do i make it an option?

:)

Brizarre, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Forgot Password

Hi Cameron,

There are some possible troubleshooting steps you can follow to be able to log in to your account. To assist you regarding the issue, we suggest that you check the steps and information provided on the links below.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/189126

account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Nov 26, 2019
  3. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Forgot password and no picture sign in

Sign in with picture

Hi Dretcanu,

In order for you to create a picture password for both accounts, you need to make sure that both your admin and guest accounts are password protected as the picture password will be used instead of your password.

Since you want to enable picture password on both accounts, login with your admin account first, and then follow these steps to create a picture password:

• Open Settings, then go to Accounts.
    • On the left pane, click Sign-in options.
    • Scroll down to the Picture password, then click Add.
    • The welcome page for the picture password will appear. Type in your user account password, then click
      OK.
    • Click Choose a picture. Select a picture, then click
      Use this picture
    • Draw the three gestures on the picture, confirm it, and hit Finish.

Once done, logout of your admin account, then login to your guest account. Follow the same steps provided above to create a picture password for your guest account.

To log in with the picture password, click Sign-in options when you are asked for your password. Select the picture symbol and enter the gestures you have set. You should now be logged in to your admin or guest account using the picture
    password.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Forgot password and no picture sign in

1. Forgot password and no picture sign in - Similar Threads - Forgot password picture

2. forgot password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot password: Hi,I forgot the password and the email id through which my microsoft account was created.Is there any way I can retrieve account details by laptop serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password/e8f86c57-ce31-45e3-8e21-32808d9f49d0
  3. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  4. Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password

Win 11 Sign In - Forgot Password: I purchased a Dell 3120 as an offer thru Comcast. I put in a password and played around with the touch pad trying to get a little familiar with the Win 11 Home OS. A touch pad is something I'd never used. I was opening up links when I was simply trying to move the pointer. I...
  5. Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  6. Forgot Password

Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  7. Forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password: So I have a Dell Vostro laptop and i have seem to forgot my windows login pin for my laptop and i can't reset it because it says you have tried to many incorrect pins try again later and i wait and than it never says forgot pin i need some help on this. Thanks...
  8. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  9. SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SIGN-IN (FORGOT PASSWORD): Hello dear Microsoft community, After someone borrowed my laptop, I cannot sign in because I used to sign in using my pin. I haven't used my password for years and cannot remember it. Also, there is no option under the password space to change to pin. I've also tried to...
  10. Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble signing into Windows 10 - Forgot password: I am having trouble signing into Windows 10. A few days ago I noticed the system was running slow so I did a reset of Windows 10. When everything was ready to setup again, I set up my user account with my usual password, however, when asked if I wanted to link to my Microsoft...