Windows 10: Forgot password and not able to reset pc

Discus and support Forgot password and not able to reset pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Atulya257, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Atulya257 Win User

Forgot password and not able to reset pc

I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the password and it says wrong. Now I'm trying to reset everything and clean all drives with local download and it says my pc could not be reset

:)

Atulya257, Mar 24, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 24, 2022
  3. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Remon Ont, Mar 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Forgot password and not able to reset pc - Similar Threads - Forgot password able

2. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  3. Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot the Password and unable to reset it.: Hello there,I am facing issue that I can't reset my password of my laptop. I am using Windows 10. I forgot the password so I want to reset it but couldn't do that. Also there is another issue previously I could change and set PIN lock on my laptop but now I couldn't do both...
  4. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  5. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  6. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  8. Forgot password and not able to reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password and not able to reset pc: I forgot my password and I'm not able to reset my pc. In the system recovery page I'm trying to change settings to reset password and make new user but it says wrong password when I try to open command prompt. Even to reset pc settings and apps not files it asks me the...
  9. Forgot password on PC

Forgot password on PC: Hey so I own a IBUYPOWER TRACE 940 and I put a password on it when I bought it but I also put a pin and I would use pin to get into my PC, and so today I was trying to seat picture password and it need verification so when I tried my password I remembered it didn't work and I...
  10. Forgot pc password

Forgot pc password: I forgot my pc log in password. I dont wat to delete all files. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/forgot-pc-password/cde11668-277f-4ddb-8d00-c06d088cda38"