Windows 10: Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop

Discus and support Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop I do have access to my Microsoft account on my desktop and have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DimBulb13, May 17, 2019.

1. DimBulb13 Win User

Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop

Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop

I do have access to my Microsoft account on my desktop and have generated a recovery / authenticator code

Laptop license probably differs from my desktop license, not sure I can dig out the laptop license number

Can I get in somehow, or do I need to go to a geek store?

Thx

:)

DimBulb13, May 17, 2019

2. Forgot password can't open laptop

• Cant open laptop forgot password i want to update email

DinaRatliff, May 17, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, May 17, 2019
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Forgot password and PIN stopped working on recent update - can't get into my laptop - Similar Threads - Forgot password PIN

2. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  3. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  4. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  6. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  7. Forgot password on turn on laptop can't get in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password on turn on laptop can't get in: Have toshiba satellite c660..when i turn on says enter password..forgot password..is there way around this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-on-turn-on-laptop-cant-get-in/c098e7ea-f6fd-4b4f-bab4-d452982a3808
  8. Forgot password on turn on laptop can't get in

Forgot password on turn on laptop can't get in: Have toshiba satellite c660..when i turn on says enter password..forgot password..is there way around this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-on-turn-on-laptop-cant-get-in/c098e7ea-f6fd-4b4f-bab4-d452982a3808
  9. I forgot the password and pin from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the password and pin from my laptop: Hello,I need help, I forgot the password and pin for my laptop, I'm currently signing in with my fingerprint, but I would like to fix this before it becomes a problem, any advice as to how? I'm using windows 11 and my wife has an additional logging with ADMIN access.R,EO...
  10. I forgot the password and pin from my laptop

I forgot the password and pin from my laptop: Hello,I need help, I forgot the password and pin for my laptop, I'm currently signing in with my fingerprint, but I would like to fix this before it becomes a problem, any advice as to how? I'm using windows 11 and my wife has an additional logging with ADMIN access.R,EO...