Windows 10: Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode.

Discus and support Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was messing around with settings and out of curiosity I put my computer into diagnostic mode, now it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hellow123, Aug 1, 2021.

1. hellow123 Win User

Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode.

I was messing around with settings and out of curiosity I put my computer into diagnostic mode, now it says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available." So I go and try to use my password instead, but it says that my password isn't correct.I've tried safe mode and I've tried using the recovery environment, but everywhere I go asks me for my password, which I must've forgotten.I've tried looking through the internet for help but I couldn't find anything, it always goes to having to use my password, which I have forgotten. Even when I click forgot password it says "Just a moment..." and go

:)

hellow123, Aug 1, 2021
  2. BobZ Win User

Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

The problem with resetting the password, which I have done, is that Windows is stuck in diagnostic mode and doesn't recognize a new password.

BobZ, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password

I usually login with my PIN but when the laptop started on safe mode, it required a password for the microsoft account. I could not remember my password and reset the microsoft account password using the browser on mobile. But the laptop doesn't connect
    to the internet so it doesn't have the new password. I tried opening command prompt by following the steps on this link Stuck in Safe Mode, Forgot Password but
    while opening command prompt it again required my password so I am stuck in a kind of an infinite loop. Also while opening Windows in safe mode with networking , it doesn't connect to the mobile hotspot. I would be highly grateful if I could have a way out
    of this situation.

Also I have a local account I have the password to but unfortunately it is not an admin account.

Fawwaz Bin Tasneem, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Stuck in Safe Mode and forgot password for Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your issue. This thread was about stuck in Safe Mode and forgot the password for Windows 10. To rectify your issue on your keyboard and address your concern with error message after resetting your PC, we suggest creating a new thread.
    To guide on how to create a new thread, click this link.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have other concerns.

Ernie San, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Forgot password and stuck in diagnostic mode. - Similar Threads - Forgot password stuck

2. Windows 10 stuck on Diagnostic Mode, tried safe mode and it won’t accept my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on Diagnostic Mode, tried safe mode and it won’t accept my password: Alright to make it short, yesterday I tried diagnostic startup since I was having some problems with my PC, and now I’m stuck on it since I can’t enter a PIN. I’ve read every solution saying to “recover PC” or “restore previous configuration”, everything in safe mode, but...
  3. Stuck in Diagnostic Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Diagnostic Mode: Running latest version of Win 10 Pro updated to latest. I used msconfig to boot into diagnostic mode to fix a printer problem. When Windows opened it said my Pin was not usable and that I should use my password. I haven't used the password in a long time and have forgotten...
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Safe Mode and Forgot Password: Please help me, I'm stuck in Safe Mode and i dont know my account password, i cannot access command prompt because it requires password to the account submitted by /u/wanekaze [link] [comments]...
  5. Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck at safe mode, forgot my password.: So I logged on to safe mode just to delete this chinese file, in order to do this, I need to enter my email account's password. I entered my password and it doesn't work. I entered the password at a different device and it works. But now when I want to go back to normal mode,...
  6. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  7. Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.

Stuck in safe mode, forgot password.: I wanted to uninstall some applications that were not getting uninstalled normally so I thought of doing it from safe mode. Only problem, I've been logging in using my PIN and have forgotten my password. And safe mode won't let me in without your password. Tried getting...
  8. Booted into safe mode, and forgot password

Booted into safe mode, and forgot password: I am a total dumbass. Somehow i forgot my ms password, and i booted into windows safe mode on MINIMAL. Am i fucked, or is there something i can do? Does ethernet work to change passwords? I know my older password, i shift clicked restart, went to cmd, and put my older...
  9. Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stuck in Windows 10 safe mode and forgot password: I usually login with my PIN but when the laptop started on safe mode, it required a password for the microsoft account. I could not remember my password and reset the microsoft account password using the browser on mobile. But the laptop doesn't connect to the internet so it...
  10. stuck in safe mode login forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode login forgot password: by mistake I pressed F8 which open my laptop on safe mode. I can't remember my password because I use pin to log in. The user account I use is a Microsoft Account, and it's an administrator account, I only have one user account on that laptop. i try to change my password but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i forgot my password windows 10 just a moment