Windows 10: Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password?

Discus and support Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I forgot my password. How do i retrieve or reset password? i am able to login in with fingerprint scan but would like to have the password as backup.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by pcat_stc, Apr 15, 2020.

1. pcat_stc Win User

Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password?

I forgot my password. How do i retrieve or reset password? i am able to login in with fingerprint scan but would like to have the password as backup. I have the latest Windows Home 10 v.1909 update and my laptop is an HP Envy dv6. Please advise. thanks

:)

pcat_stc, Apr 15, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 15, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Forgot password....

Um, are we talking about a windows password?

Lookup a program called Active Password Changer, its a bootable cd that will remove windows passwords *Smile Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password? :)

If it's a bios password, reset the bios *not so easy with some notebooks*

niko084, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password?

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password?

1. Forgot Password but Fingerprint Login Work - How do i reset password? - Similar Threads - Forgot Password Fingerprint

2. How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?: I was working on my Dell XPS laptop till lunch time today. Came back to locked laptop. I entered my local login and got the incorrect password message. I do not have the password reset disk, what can I do?...
  3. How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset Local login password without a password reset disk?: I was working on my Dell XPS laptop till lunch time today. Came back to locked laptop. I entered my local login and got the incorrect password message. I do not have the password reset disk, what can I do?...
  4. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  5. Forgot login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot login password: I have a Windows 10 tablet and did not use it for some time. Yesterday, I took out and charged it up for trial test. However I forgot the login password and coule not enter into Windows. Can someone guide me how to reset the password or even reinstall it. Thanks!...
  6. Forgot login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Forgot Password for Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot Password for Login: Hi, I know my pin, but I do not know the password. How do I reset the password for my login? And I mean for the login to my laptop, not my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-for-login/db45ffde-269d-481a-ae7d-563b913ae619
  8. Forgot Login password.

Forgot Login password.: I forgot my password and security questions of my PC Login account which is linked to Microsoft. But I remember the pin and biometrics works also fine. Now, how can I reset the password without security questions and resetting the pc....
  9. I forgot my login password

I forgot my login password: Nuvision 2n1. How do I reset the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-login-password/7c84cf73-3e7f-4142-8a8c-9cb7025a5630"
  10. Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Who to reset the password...? . I forgot my password: Help me for rest my laptop password.. I can't enter in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-to-reset-the-password-i-forgot-my-password/ddb1ad77-eaeb-4ece-af7b-05b38defa2a5