Windows 10: Forgot password for my administrator account

Discus and support Forgot password for my administrator account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; version 1803 edit: I forgot to mention that I emailed the laptop company and microsoft last year on another email account seperate from the email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Graciellio, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Forgot password for my administrator account

version 1803

edit: I forgot to mention that I emailed the laptop company and microsoft last year on another email account seperate from the email account that I used to create an admin on my laptop. I don't have access to either email accounts anymore (I frequently forget passwords but now have a designated password book) so I can't email them on that again or read what they said to me. I just remember they said both they couldn't/wouldn't

Do I need to take my laptop to a technician or something?
    I think they might be able to hack into it?

I can't get into my admin account on my personal laptop because I forgot the password. I can't undownload anything to create space or delete files to create space (my laptop is getting frustratingly slow) and I can't download anything like software to crack the password - both of which I can't do because I don't have the admin password. I tried to erase everything on my laptop but couldn't as it said there wasn't enough space. I might need to download things for university and things I get in emails. I tried watching literally hours of youtube tutorials so I know what I'm saying when I say that I've probably tried everything besides software/CD/technician (my laptop doesn't have a CD slot, how annoying) I tried to reset in all the normal ways and I even emailed microsoft and my laptop company as I assumed they might be able to remotely erase my laptop or something. But my admin is registered with an old email that I lost access to in 2018 (I got my laptop that year) and neither ways worked as they couldn't verify that I own my laptop, probably because I wasn't emailing from the account they know me from (In fairness, I created the account with a fictional name, I did tell them that in the email, and idk why I did that, but I'm pretty sure I entered all the info right) and I remember microsoft said something along the lines of not being allowed to for security reasons. I tried emailing them back again and again like it suggested, but to no avail. I'm freaking out it seems impossible, and my laptop is pretty useless rn. I forgot the pin too and can't enter that instead either

:)

Graciellio, Sep 12, 2020

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Sep 13, 2020
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Forgot password for my administrator account :).

zekrahminator, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Forgot password for my administrator account

Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

If you kill the power three times, on the third boot a Windows 10 PC will boot to the recovery environment, showing this screen.

Forgot password for my administrator account [​IMG]

Choose Advanced Options to get to this...

Click on Troubleshoot takes you here...

Click on Advanced Options to get this...

Where you should click on Command Prompt. The command prompt will open, now you can carry on from step 2 in Option Four of @Brink's Tutorial I linked to earlier. At no point should you be asked for an account or password.

If this is not what happens for you please describe what you do see, with screenshots if possible.

Thema:

Forgot password for my administrator account

1. Forgot password for my administrator account - Similar Threads - Forgot password administrator

2. I forgot my password for my administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password for my administrator account.: I brought this computer off of Facebook Marketplace. When I first got it, the account was in administrator mode. I didn't want it to be in administrator mode tho. I first put the account off of administrator mode which disabled the account, so I put it back in administrator...
  3. I forgot my password for my administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password for my administrator account.: I brought this computer off of Facebook Marketplace. When I first got it, the account was in administrator mode. I didn't want it to be in administrator mode tho. I first put the account off of administrator mode which disabled the account, so I put it back in administrator...
  4. I forgot my password for my administrator account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  6. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account: Hello Everyone!I have a problem, I have forgotten the pin to the administrative account on my laptop and I have also forgotten the password to the account that would help me to recover that said account on my laptop. So for example if I wanted to update an app on my laptop or...
  7. Forgot the pin to my laptop and the password to the administration account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I forgot my Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Administrator account password: On my Windows 11 Laptop I forgot the password for the main administrator account but I know the pin. How can I reset this password without remembering the old one? Also if I reset PC if I click on remove everything will it erase windows from my computer as well and if not and...
  9. I forgot my Administrator account password

I forgot my Administrator account password: On my Windows 11 Laptop I forgot the password for the main administrator account but I know the pin. How can I reset this password without remembering the old one? Also if I reset PC if I click on remove everything will it erase windows from my computer as well and if not and...
  10. I forgot my Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade