Windows 10: Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

Discus and support Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am not given the option to change my password and there is not a restart button on the screen - my Microsoft password does not work after I changed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LBD1968, Feb 27, 2019.

1. LBD1968 Win User

Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

I am not given the option to change my password and there is not a restart button on the screen - my Microsoft password does not work after I changed it. So what do I do now?

:)

LBD1968, Feb 27, 2019

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 27, 2019
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a... :).

zekrahminator, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a...

1. Forgot password on lock screen - not given option to change password and there not a... - Similar Threads - Forgot password lock

2. Forgot Windows 11 password, 'forgot password' option not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows 11 password, 'forgot password' option not working.: I forgot my pc PIN. now I can't signin, the forgot password option is not working when I click nothing happens. PC is connected with internet. How can I reset password now?? I have access of my Microsoft account, can I change or know my computer pin using Microsoft...
  3. Forgot Windows 11 password, 'forgot password' option not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot Windows 11 password, 'forgot password' option not working.: I forgot my pc PIN. now I can't signin, the forgot password option is not working when I click nothing happens. PC is connected with internet. How can I reset password now?? I have access of my Microsoft account, can I change or know my computer pin using Microsoft...
  4. How to change lock screen password?

How to change lock screen password?: The password option is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-lock-screen-password/c48d1e58-cf8d-44cf-a83a-887e81ece9fb
  5. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing: At Multiple Sites we just noticed today, the traditional method of users changing the password does not seem to be working on RDP.When a user is on a computer regularly, hiting Alt+Ctrl+Delete would bring up the option for a user to change their password. On a RDP session the...
  6. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing: At Multiple Sites we just noticed today, the traditional method of users changing the password does not seem to be working on RDP.When a user is on a computer regularly, hiting Alt+Ctrl+Delete would bring up the option for a user to change their password. On a RDP session the...
  7. Windows RPD "Change Password" Option In Lock Screen Missing

8. How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen

How to remove the forgot password/pin option in windows lock screen: This is urgent Coz the person who wants my computer has my email ID.... He can do forget password and then recover So how to remove it ? *He's not a criminal or something.....
  9. No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen

No "Forgot Password" Prompt on Windows PC Lock Screen: Hello, I woke up and forgot the password to my local account on the PC this morning, and the "I forgot my password prompt" is nowhere to be seen, so I can't get into my computer Dell XPS PC running most recent version of Windows 10 and Office 365. I am the administrator on...
  10. No option to lock computer or change password

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to lock computer or change password: Hi! I have a very weird problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to. There are two parts to this problem, but I think it's the same cause. 1. I have no "lock" option. I can't select lock from the start menu, WIN+L and doing it via ctrl+alt+del doesn't work...