Windows 10: Forgot password to desktop

Discus and support Forgot password to desktop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JonathanEss, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Forgot password to desktop

I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security questions, just a button to reset the password via disk, but I did not set that up. I bought this computer in 2016 and it doesn’t appear in my Microsoft account with my laptops. I’m hoping there’s a way to reset the password, as I have many important photos on the hard drive I am an avid photographer. If I can’t change the password, can I remove the hard drive, place it in an enclosure, and access the files? Or would I still need the passwor

:)

JonathanEss, Nov 30, 2022

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

You may also refer to the below article.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2022
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Nov 30, 2022
  4. MisterEd Win User

Forgot password to desktop

Forgot my password

If you don't already you might consider using a password manager. In addition to online usernames and passwords you could store your Windows user name, password, and PIN there. If you ever forget this information you could log into the password manager on your phone and retrieve it there.

When Windows is installed the first user is of user type Administrator. Additional users are of user type Standard unless the added user requires otherwise.

There is also a built-in user named Administrator that has a user type of Administrator. By default this user is hidden but you can un-hide it if you wish using your regular account that has user type of Administrator.

Code:
    On my desktop I log in using my password. On my laptop I normally log in using my fingerprint. The fallback is my PIN and then my password.

The accounts on my laptop including the hidden Administrator account.

Forgot password to desktop [​IMG]

Forgot password to desktop [​IMG]

MisterEd, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

Forgot password to desktop

1. Forgot password to desktop - Similar Threads - Forgot password desktop

2. Forgot password to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password to desktop: I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security questions, just a button to reset the password via disk, but I did not set that up. I bought this computer in 2016 and it...
  3. Forgot password to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password to desktop: I hadn’t used my desktop in a long time, and discovered that I’ve forgotten the Windows password to login. I’m not getting any prompts for security questions, just a button to reset the password via disk, but I did not set that up. I bought this computer in 2016 and it...
  4. forgot password

forgot password: Hi,I forgot the password and the email id through which my microsoft account was created.Is there any way I can retrieve account details by laptop serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password/e8f86c57-ce31-45e3-8e21-32808d9f49d0
  5. Forgot Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  6. Forgot Password

Forgot Password: Hello Everyone,I completely forgot my password to log into my Windows 10 Dell laptop. I did try to reset the password from the login screen, and it said password was reset successfully. However, I still cannot log in with my new password, which is the same as my live.com...
  7. Forgot password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password: So I have a Dell Vostro laptop and i have seem to forgot my windows login pin for my laptop and i can't reset it because it says you have tried to many incorrect pins try again later and i wait and than it never says forgot pin i need some help on this. Thanks...
  8. Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?: Have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that is over a decade old. It used to use windows 7... then last year or 6 months ago, i took it out and recall i could upgrade to windows 10 pro for free. I did the upgrade then turned it off and did not use it for 6 months. I turned on the...
  9. Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forgot Windows 10 Password for Desktop?: Have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that is over a decade old. It used to use windows 7... then last year or 6 months ago, i took it out and recall i could upgrade to windows 10 pro for free. I did the upgrade then turned it off and did not use it for 6 months. I turned on the...
  10. I forgot password and pin on Dell desktop!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot password and pin on Dell desktop!!: I use a Dell Studio Desktop that was running Vista but upgraded to Windows 10, haven't used it in a while!! I forgot password and pin I assigned to it , anyway to unlock without losing everything? No I didn't stash or hide back up, silly of me!!! Moved from: Accounts,...