Windows 10: Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?

Discus and support Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a MS account which I can get into on my year old Surface Pro. My old Lenovo laptop is listed as second device, but I forgot the PW and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlanHurvitz, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?

Hi,

I have a MS account which I can get into on my year old Surface Pro. My old Lenovo laptop is listed as second device, but I forgot the PW and the hint isn't helping. Is there a way I can change my Lenovo PW or just get into my Lenovo through my MS account so I can change the PW? And no, I didn't create a PW recovery thumb drive because.... I thought I was smart enough to remember my PW.

Thanks

:)

AlanHurvitz, Sep 30, 2019

2. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Sep 30, 2019
  3. kysg Win User
    Forgot password....

No can't be changed, unless you can access the admin account in safemode.

you can also try ERD commander.

but that is in the case if the password is for OS

if its a bios password you would have to try to reset the bios by using a jumper.
    Or getting a master password from the manufacturer

4. Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?

forgot password for account!!!!

You need to boot into Safe Mode. Do this by mashing F8 when the computer is starting, right before Windows loads, until you see a bunch of options. Select "Safe Mode". It'll boot into Safe Mode, and bring you to the login screen. At the login screen, go in as "Administrator", and from there go to the control panel. In the control panel, open "users", select the account you forgot the password of, and click "remove password". Restart the computer and all will be well *Smile Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC? :).

zekrahminator, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC?

1. Forgot PC password, know MS account password. Can I access my PC? - Similar Threads - Forgot password account

2. I forgot password of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot password of my pc: How to open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-of-my-pc/0c1ef501-1a65-424d-8c4e-a68d4d790673
  3. I forgot password of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot password of my pc: How to open my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-password-of-my-pc/0c1ef501-1a65-424d-8c4e-a68d4d790673
  4. I forgot my password for my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password for my PC: Furthermore, they're telling me that one or two answers to my security questions are not accurate. I tried the USB suggestion. No dice. I am frantic. Please please help me. Thank you...
  5. I forgot my password for my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password for my PC: Furthermore, they're telling me that one or two answers to my security questions are not accurate. I tried the USB suggestion. No dice. I am frantic. Please please help me. Thank you...
  6. Forgot Password: Cannot access account to retrieve password because MS asks for the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password: Cannot access account to retrieve password because MS asks for the password: Please help.My young child was using a PIN to log on to her computer Windows 10 PC, laptop, when suddenly the login screen said it was the incorrect PIN. We have forgotten the password. Entering the PIN a number of times, it then locked the computer. Clicking the 'I forgot my...
  7. I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account

I forgot my pin on pc but i know the password for account: I use my fingerprint to open my laptop but I got injured on the finger that I use to access it and it asks for the PIN. The problem is I forgot my pin. I know my account password but it needs the PIN. I tried several times to open it with my account password but it needs the...
  8. I forgot my password to my PC

I forgot my password to my PC: Hi all, I turned off my password prompt for every time I log into my PC about three years ago and now I cannot remember it. I need to back my PC up and do a hard reset because it just does not run as optimally as when I first got it. Unfortunately, can't do that without the...
  9. Forgot password on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password on PC: Hey so I own a IBUYPOWER TRACE 940 and I put a password on it when I bought it but I also put a pin and I would use pin to get into my PC, and so today I was trying to seat picture password and it need verification so when I tried my password I remembered it didn't work and I...
  10. Forgot pc password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot pc password: I forgot my pc log in password. I dont wat to delete all files. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/forgot-pc-password/cde11668-277f-4ddb-8d00-c06d088cda38"