Windows 10: Forgot PIN and Password

Discus and support Forgot PIN and Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarriCAedh, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Forgot PIN and Password

I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?

:)

HarriCAedh, Sep 12, 2018

2. forgot password

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you using Microsoft account or local account for logging in the computer?
    I suggest you to follow steps from the below article “What to do if you forget your Windows password” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

You may also refer to the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Forgot PIN and Password

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Forgot PIN and Password

1. Forgot PIN and Password - Similar Threads - Forgot PIN Password

2. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  3. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  4. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  5. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  6. Forgot PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  7. Remember pin but forgot password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember pin but forgot password: How to reset my laptop passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remember-pin-but-forgot-password/8acd0aa2-b806-4c81-a633-fd160884b9e2
  8. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: Hello, I forgot my PIN and password for my windows 10 laptop because I didnt use it for a long time Now i cant connect I didnt found any "forgot passowrd" link to get my password on outlook. My outlook is linked to my laptop but they dont have the same password....
  9. Remember PIN but forgot password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember PIN but forgot password: So, I remember my PIN for my account, which is an Administrator type Account, but I forgot my password. I tried reseting my password but because it asks me to enter my forgotten password, i can't reset my password. And also, my windows user isn't connected with my Microsoft...
  10. have PIN forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    have PIN forgot password: been using the pin so long I have forgotten my password for Windows 10. Other than resetting everything is there a way to reset the password. No my password is not part of my Microsoft account. thanks Jesseb 62108