Windows 10: Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

Discus and support Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a new PC and set up my windows account. I have meanwhile forgotten my pin and when I try to log on now, I can't reset the Pin because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LT-CH, Apr 11, 2022.

1. LT-CH Win User

Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

I recently bought a new PC and set up my windows account. I have meanwhile forgotten my pin and when I try to log on now, I can't reset the Pin because the Wi-Fi isn't working. The icon looks like the globe with a minus sign on top of it.My PC doesn't have Ethernet cable slot either.What do i do?

:)

LT-CH, Apr 11, 2022

2. WIN phone 8.1 update -> wi-fi doesn´t work

Hello!

Yesterday I installed WP 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 625). After updating my wi-fi doesn´t work anymore. The phone finds networks, but can´t connect. Where is the problem?

green-heart, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Norton Win User
    USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

1. Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work - Similar Threads - Forgot pin doesn't

2. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  3. Wi-Fi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi not working: I need help. I did windows recovery last week on my laptop because I was having boot problems and blue screen issues. I was able to get my laptop working and set up, but my Wi-Fi is not working, when I first turn on my laptop it’ll work but as soon as I try to get on chrome...
  4. Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Doesn't Work After Sleep Mode: This issue happened recently after an update.I use Windows 11 Home. Version 10.0.22621 build 22621When I wake up the PC after it sleeps, the Wi-Fi is off. Only by restarting or doing a network adapter troubleshooting does it come on again. Also, the computer screen is very...
  5. "i forgot my pin" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "i forgot my pin" doesn't work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Karddo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/z7a1ye/i_forgot_my_pin_doesnt_work/
  6. Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work: I recently bought a new PC and set up my windows account. I have meanwhile forgotten my pin and when I try to log on now, I can't reset the Pin because the Wi-Fi isn't working. The icon looks like the globe with a minus sign on top of it.My PC doesn't have Ethernet cable slot...
  7. Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot pin and Wi-Fi doesn't work: I recently bought a new PC and set up my windows account. I have meanwhile forgotten my pin and when I try to log on now, I can't reset the Pin because the Wi-Fi isn't working. The icon looks like the globe with a minus sign on top of it.My PC doesn't have Ethernet cable slot...
  8. Wi-Fi is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi is not working: I have the following problem, wi-fi isworking well but after a whilethe pop-up says "No internet connection". I disconnect wi-fithen connect it again and it starts working, butthe issue reoccurs again. I have to keep switching off and on wi-fi to make it work. It is really...
  9. Wi-Fi Direct PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wi-Fi Direct PIN: I have received a notice via printer re Wi Fi Direct PIN where do I enter this PIN in computer when prompted as it states that the PIN code will be valid for 90 seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-direct-pin/15f68f48-9bdf-4f63-82cd-abf7c5881eae
  10. Help: Wi-Fi button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Wi-Fi button doesn't work: I have an "HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC" and the WiFi settings doesn't work. Everytime I try to check on the drivers it shows that everything is fine and enabled, disable and enable WiFi drivers doesn't work either. When I try to turn on WiFi the button (f12) turn the airplane...