Windows 10: Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

Discus and support Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have forgotten my pin code I was able to find the recovery key id but I am unable to type it in the specific field What is the difference between a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LucJanssens1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

I have forgotten my pin code

I was able to find the recovery key id but I am unable to type it in the specific field

What is the difference between a recovery key id and a recovery key.

Must I find the recovery key via the recovery key ID and if so how?

I am able to type numbers but no letters so I guess I must not type the recovery key id because it also contains letters?

How to proceed?

[Original Title: pin code]

:)

LucJanssens1, Oct 27, 2019

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Forgot Login PIN

Hello,

I setup a login pin on my Laptop Account using my email address. I forgot my PIN and i cannot access my laptop anymore. How can i remove the PIN using my microsoft account? I already know its password.

KolaynaArnaout, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login

1. Forgot PIN Code and Unable to Login - Similar Threads - Forgot PIN Code

2. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  3. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  4. I forgot my pin for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin for login: I forgot my PIN for WIN login password was changed to PIN without my actions..on login I selected "Forgot my PIN"...and continued...How long will it take to receive a PIN? My security info change has been pending for the last 2 hours...Please respond To: *** Email address is...
  5. I forgot my pin for login

I forgot my pin for login: I forgot my PIN for WIN login password was changed to PIN without my actions..on login I selected "Forgot my PIN"...and continued...How long will it take to receive a PIN? My security info change has been pending for the last 2 hours...Please respond To: *** Email address is...
  6. Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect: I cannot login using my pin it says my pincode is incorrect, I am using my fingerprint now to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-with-pin-code-says-the-pin-code-is/b8a764bd-8cd4-4b5d-9320-81dcbb0458fa
  7. Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect

Unable to login with pin code, says the pin code is incorrect: I cannot login using my pin it says my pincode is incorrect, I am using my fingerprint now to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-with-pin-code-says-the-pin-code-is/b8a764bd-8cd4-4b5d-9320-81dcbb0458fa
  8. How to bypass login pin code if I forgot it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to bypass login pin code if I forgot it: Hey there, I recently changed my password for the login and one of my family changed it again and for some reason it only shows pin code, I tried logging in but I don’t know the pin code and so does my family. There isn’t any option for password and there also isn’t an option...
  9. Windows switched to PIN login and we forgot PIN code.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows switched to PIN login and we forgot PIN code.: Hello!My brother has been using his computer for a while and to enter it he uses the picture password since it's the easiest to remember, however recently Windows randomly switched to PIN and we don't remember setting a PIN. We've tried resetting the PIN but the email Windows...
  10. Unable to reset PIN code for login,

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to reset PIN code for login,: Yesterday, I got a problem with a key being phantom pressed, which is fixed. This leads into my problem. The phantom presses made my PIN code invalid because it incorrectly entered it too many times, and now I can't login with a PIN. Is there any way to re-enable the PIN...