Windows 10: Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

Discus and support Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I forgot my PIN for my laptop and when I click on forgot my PIN it wants me to use my phone to verify my account. The issue is that I just switched... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Henry_Peel, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

I forgot my PIN for my laptop and when I click on forgot my PIN it wants me to use my phone to verify my account. The issue is that I just switched carriers it's been over 3 days and my number is still inactive. I do not know when I will have service again and need access to my laptop for work. I tried changing the number, but it says it will take 30 days. Is there any way around this?

:)

Henry_Peel, Aug 1, 2022

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Aug 1, 2022
  3. BrianMBC Win User
    Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Dos101 Win User

Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

1. Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number. - Similar Threads - Forgot PIN access

2. Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot phone number associate with Microsoft Account: I wanna login my email microsoft, but i forget my phone number, so i dont get verification code. So i wanna change my number phone now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-phone-number-associate-with-microsoft/9222dd94-629c-4721-8b92-3e6f7066bc04
  3. forgot password due to pin, and lost linked phone number what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot password due to pin, and lost linked phone number what do I do?: Excuse me, I forgot my password, due to using pin, and the forgot password phone option doesn't work due to changing phone provider, so new phone number, I tried the web recovery and it failed at it too, and it doesn't give let you use the pin for finding your password also....
  4. forgot password due to pin, and lost linked phone number what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot password due to pin, and lost linked phone number what do I do?: Excuse me, I forgot my password, due to using pin, and the forgot password phone option doesn't work due to changing phone provider, so new phone number, I tried the web recovery and it failed at it too, and it doesn't give let you use the pin for finding your password also....
  5. Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.: I forgot my PIN for my laptop and when I click on forgot my PIN it wants me to use my phone to verify my account. The issue is that I just switched carriers it's been over 3 days and my number is still inactive. I do not know when I will have service again and need access to...
  6. Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.

Forgot PIN for windows and do not have access to security phone number.: I forgot my PIN for my laptop and when I click on forgot my PIN it wants me to use my phone to verify my account. The issue is that I just switched carriers it's been over 3 days and my number is still inactive. I do not know when I will have service again and need access to...
  7. Phone number not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  8. Phone number not accessible

Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  9. Phone number not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Forgot pin number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot pin number: My brother tried putting in the wrong pin number on a HKC Computer windows 10. Therefore cannot reset computer. Can you help please By telling me how I would recover a pin number if I place too many pin numbers too many times. Thank you....