Windows 10: Forgot pin number

Discus and support Forgot pin number in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My brother tried putting in the wrong pin number on a HKC Computer windows 10. Therefore cannot reset computer. Can you help please By telling me... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rodcornish, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Forgot pin number

My brother tried putting in the wrong pin number on a HKC Computer windows 10.

Therefore cannot reset computer.

Can you help please

By telling me how I would recover a pin number if I place too many pin numbers too many times.

Thank you.

:)

Rodcornish, Nov 1, 2020

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 1, 2020
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Forgot pin number

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Forgot pin number

1. Forgot pin number - Similar Threads - Forgot pin number

2. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  3. Forgot PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN: Had a Asus Vivobook in storage with a friend in 2019. Just got it back. Lock Screen auto loads on startup. Thought I remembered the PIN but I didn’t. It has a fingerprint scanner but the finger I was sure was right didn’t work. Now, that’s deactivated and I have to enter the...
  4. Forgot PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Forgot Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  6. Forgot Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Pin: Hello, a friend of mine tried opening my PC and I don't know how but he apparently tried it too many times and it just says to enter a challenge phrase which is A1B2C3 and then I should input the pin but when I do put in the correct pin it says this sign in option is disabled...
  7. Forgot Pin

8. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  9. forgot pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374
  10. forgot pin

forgot pin: saya tidak bisa masuk karena lupa pin saya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin/da331895-144e-427a-bcf6-0dcdb3862374