Windows 10: Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

Discus and support Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cp12344321, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an administrator account to unlock the system, there is only 1 user account on the system, i don't need anything on the laptop as ive been backing up to a external HD for a while now. any suggestions?

:)

cp12344321, Nov 11, 2021

2. how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

Forgot my pin how do reset I it in windows 10

Hello,

If you have forgotten your PIN to sign in to Windows 10, you may log in with your password and reset it in Windows 10. Here's how:

• On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options
      and sign in with your password.
    • After logging in, select the Start button, then select
      Settings
      > Accounts > Sign-in options, and select
      I forgot my PIN.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions on how to create a new PIN.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

1. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with... - Similar Threads - Forgot PIN wont

2. Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.: My pc never let me set up a pin before so I ended up always pressing skip this step and logging into my computer, but recently whenever I go to log in, I click skip this step and it just sends me back to the begining stage. windows 11...
  3. Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why computer wont let me sign in and won't let me make a pin.: My pc never let me set up a pin before so I ended up always pressing skip this step and logging into my computer, but recently whenever I go to log in, I click skip this step and it just sends me back to the begining stage. windows 11...
  4. it wont let me unenroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it wont let me unenroll: i went in to the insider program and i want to leave but the option is greyed and I don't want to do a clean install I'm in beta and want to get out of insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-unenroll/9a98142b-1c0f-49e7-9280-2c1833225e10
  5. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  6. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  7. Windows PIN not letting me sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows PIN not letting me sign in.: When i got on my PC i saw that when i tried to login it said:Something happened and your PIN isnt avalible. Click to set up your PIN again. So i click it and nothing happens. Sometimes it says just a moment or opens something saying about how it needs to search for an app in...
  8. Microsoft wont let me sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft wont let me sign in: I got a new computer and I did not have Wi-Fi at the time so I pressed skip and then when I got my Wi-Fi I went to the Microsoft store and it gave me an error so I pressed sign in because I looked up the error and it said I needed to sign in the I pressed sign in and the tab...
  9. Windows wont let me enter my pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows wont let me enter my pin: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PropaneOstrich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bq2j/windows_wont_let_me_enter_my_pin/
  10. Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wont let me on a website it let me use last week!!!!: i use a shopping website called vova and i was able to shop on here on my lenovo laptop for months but now all of a sudden everything is working except that website. it makes no sense. i have all updates installed so i dont know what it is. i use this website alot so i cant...